Wife just called...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Wife just called with some pretty cool news. I am not sure how she pulled it off, but she was able to score two tickets to the Jimmy Buffett concert on Thursday night with a hotel room afterwards so we don't have to drive home until Friday! I have never been to a Buffett concert and don't really consider myself a Parrot Head... but I love his music, and I hear the tailgate parties are the best. I am excited.

Tom

Well Buffet... reminds me of the Greatful Dead... its all about the experience... not the music...... I am sure you will have a blast...... but I just don't get the music... enjoy and have a margarita for us!!!!

I just don't get the music...

Why? Because people can actually understand the words? :whistle:

Have a great time. I have been to several of his get togethers. Its an experience not a concert.

Yea the words are understandable but the music is just horrible.....

Why? Because people can actually understand the words? :whistle:

Have a great time. I have been to several of his get togethers. Its an experience not a concert.

Very cool Tom! I am a Buffett fan myself, especially growing up in Florida, sitting at the tiki bar in the keys, or on the beach in the keys with a cold one listening to Jimmy Buffett. Brings back some good memories, have a great time at the show!

FINS TO THE LEFT, FINS TO THE RIGHT...

His shows are a BLAST! Have an awesome time, brother!

Man, I am jealous...I LOVE Jimmy Buffet....stayed at Margaritaville last summer .....the one in VEGAS...that was fun ...but nothing like a concert..

You should buy us a T-shirts just for brining it up.....and a hotel room to boot.

Can you say baby making occasion....;)

Thanks guys... I am definitely looking forward to it. My wife has been a few times and said is definitely something you have to experience in life. You guys are making it sound awesome... I can hardly wait.

Tom

Just make sure your drunk and you will have a blast!

Thanks guys... I am definitely looking forward to it. My wife has been a few times and said is definitely something you have to experience in life. You guys are making it sound awesome... I can hardly wait.

Tom

Sorry Bro. Not a big fan either. Not been to a concert since about '83?
Think I could file on some kinda hearing disability (sp?) on a Van Halen concert about 1981. Tickets were about $14 back then. Damn I'm old!
Really like to do a pink floyd concert..... Kansas had a pretty good light show back in the day, nothing for Pink Floyd though.

Gotta admit I really like the song with Martina Mcbride. Trip around the sun? Not much into her songs either, but doesn't she have some beautiful eyes!

Enjoy youself bro. Hope you and the wife have a great time.

Another fun concert that is usually reasonable is Weird Al. My face ached from smiling and my sides hurt from laughing so hard. Great concert!

Another fun concert that is usually reasonable is Weird Al. My face ached from smiling and my sides hurt from laughing so hard. Great concert!

Funny thing you should mention that.. a buddy of mine from work and I are trying to get tickets to see Weird Al next month. I love his stuff!

Man I am such a geek!

Tom

I've had my fill of margarittaville and all that crap growing up in S FL......but it still is a good show..... get smashed and enjoy it.....

Hell... I almost forgot about this thread!

Well I am no longer a Buffett virgin. It was probably one of the best concerts I have ever been to. Jimmy is 60 years old and he obviously still enjoys what he does very much. He played with more energy than most young bands I have seen. Also the crowd participation was most excellent. We got there early and tailgated with some friends, got drunk and went into the concert. Just as the concert was about to start the hevens opened up and were soaked within seconds. The harder it rained the louder the crowd got. It rained the entire show and none of us cared. It was fantastic! Can't wait until next year!

Tom

Nice.........Sounds like a great show even though it rained......Cheers!!

It has been a long time since my wife and I had that much fun!

Tom