Who was wrenching today??? What did you do??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure what that means, but I do have, in the closet, an Evader and a Warhead that I haven't seen in years.
....ok, it's not a closet but in storage in my basement.
saw your stand and just joking brother.

I didnt know about the other 2

Hmmmm, a mystery indeed. are you running 32 or 64 bit windows?
Does anyone run 32 bit anymore? 🤪

As big of a puter geek that Shane is, and he can't figure it out, I don't have a chance of guessing what would cause it. He sent me all the parts from stuff he doesn't use anymore. He said the board is supposed to be new, but it had things changed in the bios. When I fired it up, it wouldn't even run for more than a minute or so. I had to restore defaults just to get it to run stable.

Regardless, it has been running for 36 hours now, and is playing games at max settings just fine. So the next thing I am going to try is throw my 4 sticks of Vengence in it that I know is good memory, after I tear the old PC down.

@WickedFog Maybe give this a try, sometimes this can clear a CMOS glitch.

1. Power off the system & unplug the power cord, flip the power switch, hard reset the cmos by removing the battery for a couple of minutes (1-2 minutes).
  2. Flip the switch & power it back on for a little bit then shut it back down.
  3. Reseat the cmos battery & power on the system.

Changed rear shocks on my SCX24 RigorMortis
0127222056.jpg

Last edited:
Weather is moderating so am planning to take the R1E out for a speed test tomorrow with its new power unit.

Grabbed an 18T x 32P option pinion and it felt rough in my hands. Want a go-to option if the truck runs out o.k. on the 16T. Chucked the 18 up in the drill press and polished it smooth as silk. For some reason, 32P's come rougher to the feel than 48P's. Always give 32P steel's a quick polish so not to eat a spur.

Light day of wrenching in the shop. Cheers. 'AC'

Winter storm blowing through today, and is still here. With zero visibility and temps in the teens, everyone was cooped up inside. Well, at least this gave me a reason to catch up on some rc to-do list.
First up, is bringing my green SCX24 C-10 back to life. I had used nearly all of its entire components to do my Injora build (RigorMortis). I Had ordered the silver one, which came in a couple of days ago. I'll be swapping bodies back and forth, but for now it'll be the green.
Next, is getting wheels and tires back on my EazyRC Jeep. I had initially taken these wheels and tires to get RigorMortis up and running.
Last weekend, I got, off Amazon, an aftermarket micro esc and brushed motor combo. On the initial install, using my red FMS as a testing subject, I couldn't get the esc to work. The motor worked fine. Today, I figure I would try messing with it again. Turns out, the esc does work, and it was the battery used by the red FMS that was the issue. I can't figure out why the esc won't work with this particular battery. So weird!
Lastly. I finally got the disconnected front drive shaft reinstalled on my Redcat Gen8V2, Jalapeno. This drive shaft, broke loose, while I was on the trail a few weekends ago.
Although it kinda stunk being cooped up inside today, I'm happy I got a bit of needed wrenching done.
0129222228.jpg
0129222230a.jpg
0129222231.jpg
0129222232.jpg
0129222234.jpg
0129222234b.jpg

Winter storm blowing through today, and is still here. With zero visibility and temps in the teens, everyone was cooped up inside. Well, at least this gave me a reason to catch up on some rc to-do list.
First up, is bringing my green SCX24 C-10 back to life. I had used nearly all of its entire components to do my Injora build (RigorMortis). I Had ordered the silver one, which came in a couple of days ago. I'll be swapping bodies back and forth, but for now it'll be the green.
Next, is getting wheels and tires back on my EazyRC Jeep. I had initially taken these wheels and tires to get RigorMortis up and running.
Last weekend, I got, off Amazon, an aftermarket micro esc and brushed motor combo. On the initial install, using my red FMS as a testing subject, I couldn't get the esc to work. The motor worked fine. Today, I figure I would try messing with it again. Turns out, the esc does work, and it was the battery used by the red FMS that was the issue. I can't figure out why the esc won't work with this particular battery. So weird!
Lastly. I finally got the disconnected front drive shaft reinstalled on my Redcat Gen8V2, Jalapeno. This drive shaft, broke loose, while I was on the trail a few weekends ago.
Although it kinda stunk being cooped up inside today, I'm happy I got a bit of needed wrenching done.
View attachment 141227View attachment 141225View attachment 141223View attachment 141224View attachment 141226View attachment 141222
You got a lot done!

Spent the afternoon trimming out the body panels and working on stuffing my Axe 550 2700kv system into my Gatekeeper build I'm working on..View attachment 141229View attachment 141228
Lookin' good!

Did a bot of work on my trx4 sport, fitted a 20 kg steering servo, servo wire wasn't quite long enough, so I flipped the receiver box around, had to drill two new holes 13 mm back from the original ones, all done, steering is much better, set the end points at 55, could've stretched to 60, but better safe than sorry.
Should have just extended the wire leds.. do you have extra wire and soldering wand?
Yes, Sir! A massive 140mm wheel spread!View attachment 140347
Dam man you put in some work this week bud all looks sweet!!. I want to get those lift links as well. For the white jeep or the Deadbolt like this one.. that wheel spread is crazy well done sir... hope to start the TRX 4 build soon maybe next month. Getting some parts together before build. Don't want to take apart. After I just built it hahaha

@Pat_ranch Shouldn't that license plate be on the outside? 🤣
The way I drive? Wouldn't last long if it weren't protected 🤣

Once I get a wench on there I'll have to find a new home for the plate, but for now it hasn't gotten me pulled over so I'm leaving it