Who was wrenching today??? What did you do??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What havent i done in the last 24 hours is a better question. Finally finished the HSP Touring car chassis that i bought as a kit 5 months ago, finished installing the servo saver eliminator bellcrank, aluminum suspension and steering links and aluminum driveshafts on my 2WD ECX Torment, did some more work on my Arrma 3S hybrid (wheels and tires, new bumpers and wheelie bar, new BLX100 ESC, one of these days I'm going to make a build thread about it), changed tires and hexes on my DHK Hobby Hunter, shocks, aluminum caster blocks, steering blocks and rear hubs on my 2WD Traxxas Slash, changed the fixed links to adjustable links on the front of my Losi 22S, replaced the spur and pinion in my Redcat Tornado, replaced the motor in two different SCX24's, put an Arrma BLX 100 in another DHK Hunter. Temps here have ranged between 7 below zero, and 17 above, so, since I'm stuck inside, I'm taking advantage of it by getting all my RC's ready for the next warm day i get. It wont be today though. Its supposed to be 19 and snowing all day.

I installed two 35kg, waterproof, high speed, high torque servos and steering linkage in the E-revo.
I'll obviously have to wait for my electronics to fine tune the linkage but should have it done in a couple of weeks.

View attachment 140670View attachment 140674
Glad to see ya moving along with this build. May have to do one of these some day. Looks like a cool rig.

Nice view.
SCX24 seems to be popular... There's a demo at LRT.
I've had 1 for nearly a year before I got really hooked. It only takes about $50 worth of upgrades to discover how truly capable these tiny wonders are. Plus, finding a place to use them is stupid easy. I've recently discovered that frozen snow mounds makes excellent terrain for these lightweight crawlers, with the right tires.
I now have 4 of these, with each one having it's own degree of scale features, crawling capability, and crawling characteristics. You'll hear quite a bit of the motors and servos needing to be replaced right away, but I haven't had a single failure from any of my 4 rigs.

Rumor has it, that there's a silver C10 on the way. 😉

Last edited:
I've had 1 for nearly a year before I got really hooked. It only takes about $50 worth of upgrades to discover how truly capable these tiny wonders are. Plus, finding a place to use them is stupid easy. I've recently discovered that frozen snow mounds makes excellent terrain for these lightweight crawlers, with the right tires.
I now have 4 of these, with each one having it's own degree of scale features, crawling capability, and crawling characteristics. You'll hear quite a bit of the motors and servos needing to be replaced right away, but I haven't had a single failure from any of my 4 rigs.

Rumor has it, that there's a silver C10 on the way. 😉
Our C10 came with a very weak servo. It would barely turn the stock tires right from the get go. The motor in it is still going strong, but the Deadbolt motor won't even turn the wheels on inclines that aren't steep enough to break traction. It just stalls the motor.

Electronic swap complete and programmed. Just waiting on different rims and tires, small light bar and a reefs 99.

Very fun build. I love it when it’s just a random kit you can move parts around.

Front wires will be handled when the new servo gets in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    467.1 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    439.7 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    412.7 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    327.2 KB · Views: 21
Glad to see ya moving along with this build. May have to do one of these some day. Looks like a cool rig.
I think it's going to be a pretty awesome rig. I've never ran a e-revo but I like the videos. Should be fun out on the sand dunes.

Our C10 came with a very weak servo. It would barely turn the stock tires right from the get go. The motor in it is still going strong, but the Deadbolt motor won't even turn the wheels on inclines that aren't steep enough to break traction. It just stalls the motor.
Yeah, Man, that's just bad luck! Like I said, all 4 of mine works fine and haven't had a single issue or failure. However, upgrading to the Emax servo is a great choice. So much more torque!
Electronic swap complete and programmed. Just waiting on different rims and tires, small light bar and a reefs 99.

Very fun build. I love it when it’s just a random kit you can move parts around.

Front wires will be handled when the new servo gets in.
That thing is beastly!

What is that carbon fiber wrapped thingy in the back?

Last edited:
I got the RC4WD spoked steel wheels for the C10. I have read they are a pain to install tires on, but they went together pretty easily. I flipped the hub and mounted some Little Guy Trail Kings on them. It is definitely going to need a pretty serious body trim, but I may just grab a second body to save this one.
20220121_161705.jpg

I got the RC4WD spoked steel wheels for the C10. I have read they are a pain to install tires on, but they went together pretty easily. I flipped the hub and mounted some Little Guy Trail Kings on them. It is definitely going to need a pretty serious body trim, but I may just grab a second body to save this one.
View attachment 140872
What is wrong with you 2?
@Doom! has 1 shock installed upside down and @WickedFog is using a shock stand as a lift!
Come on, guys, get your 💩 together!
😁

@Doom! has 1 shock installed upside down and @WickedFog is using a shock stand as a lift!
😁
It was sitting there, so I just sat it on there. But I knew when I posted that, you would catch that 🤣

That's nearly as ghetto as my 1/10 poor man's stand! 😂
View attachment 140874
That's a cool (foam?) tower. Is that a filter?

As you can see in my pic, my bench is a cluttered mess at the moment. I have spent the past 3 weeks working on the Ryft, a PC build, my laptop, and a couple other projects. And parts for all are still on the bench, waiting for more parts.

That's a cool (foam?) tower. Is that a filter?

As you can see in my pic, my bench is a cluttered mess at the moment. I have spent the past 3 weeks working on the Ryft, a PC build, my laptop, and a couple other projects. And parts for all are still on the bench, waiting for more parts.
Bro, I'm too embarrassed to show my cluttered mess of a bench! Haha

My poor man's stand is "constructed" of a $5 lazy Susan and a $1 pool noodle connector. Like, I said, ghetto.....but it works great and sits at nearly eye level!
0508211251.jpg

You guys are not helping my current budget! I have never been a fan of wrenching but I'm starting to enjoy tweaking these SCX24's. :thumbs-up:
Come on, guys, get your 💩 together!
:doh: 🤣🤪 I didn't even notice I missed a shock. ⚡ Going to need therapy soon!

Last edited:
You guys are not helping my current budget! I have never been a fan of wrenching but I'm starting to enjoy tweaking these SCX24's. :thumbs-up:

:doh: 🤣🤪 I didn't even notice I missed a shock. ⚡ Going to need therapy soon!
I swear we live parallel lives! You already know that we have a laziness rivalry, but, yeah, these 24s have gotten me wrenching and tinkering all the time now.

In regards to therapy, I would recommend electro shock therapy for you.....via the nipples for the most effectiveness. ⚡

I swear we live parallel lives! You already know that we have a laziness rivalry, but, yeah, these 24s have gotten me wrenching and tinkering all the time now.

In regards to therapy, I would recommend electro shock therapy for you.....via the nipples for the most effectiveness. ⚡
@Doom! would like that way too much.
waterboy-nipple.gif