Who was wrenching today??? What did you do??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Work was very slow today, so I got the go ahead to with a half day. My shift starts at 5:30am, so a half day is 9:30am 😉
I had the house to myself, and it is these times I am the most productive. I got some house projects done, and I also got a few solid hours of wrenching in. On the wrenching block today were 3 of my SCX24s.

Work was very slow today, so I got the go ahead to with a half day. My shift starts at 5:30am, so a half day is 9:30am 😉
I had the house to myself, and it is these times I am the most productive. I got some house projects done, and I also got a few solid hours of wrenching in. On the wrenching block today were 3 of my SCX24s.
Prove it!

For some reason I don't get productive until after 7pm, but on work nights I'm to burnt out to do anything so I really only get stuff done on weekends.

For some reason I don't get productive until after 7pm, but on work nights I'm to burnt out to do anything so I really only get stuff done on weekends.
I'm just a lot more productive when no one's in my way, distracting me, and/or asking about every little thing I'm doing. I just get into a zone, and interruptions tends to break my stride.

Last edited:
I'm just a lot more productive when no one's in my way, distracting me, and/or asking about every little thing I'm doing. I just get into a zone, and interruptions the to break my stride.
I think that's why I don't get creative/productive until late, it's when all the gotta do's and distractions are done. Well that and the fact I don't do mornings. :hehe:

@Tunedpipe You suck you lucky bum! I haven't been able to convince Mrs. Doom that I need to be a stay at home dad and take care of the cats during the day while she's at work. 🤔

Last edited:
Does turning a screwdriver to install a video card in a PC count as wrenching? Or how about sitting at a PC all day installing a dual boot setup with Windows 7 and Windows 10? Anyway, that is all I managed to get done today. Almost done with a new PC build though. At least it is up and running. It's nothing special, but it is a lot better than my 15 year old dinosaur 😉
20220126_003700.jpg

It's amazing what a time suck setting up a new box can be. :thumbs-up:
Yeah, it sucks, but is fun at the same time. It's the first time I have ever done a dual boot system, but that part went flawlessly. But it still has an issue. Either there is a bad memory stick, or something on the board messed up. Only able to run 3 sticks in it at 24gb memory. For some reason, it won't even run with two or one stick in it. It will run with all 4 in it, but still only reads 3.

Have you looked in the bios to make sure it's configured for it? I haven't messed with that stuff in a long time.

Have you looked in the bios to make sure it's configured for it? I haven't messed with that stuff in a long time.
Greywolf was on the phone with me and we looked, and couldn't figure it out. He was in the exact same bios on his server, which has the same motherboard. No idea what is causing it. In the bios, it will only show 3 sticks, and swapping the sticks around, all the slots seem to work. But one stick seems like it might be bad, but the fact that the motherboard will not run unless there are at least 3 sticks in it is very confusing.

Bro, I'm too embarrassed to show my cluttered mess of a bench! Haha

My poor man's stand is "constructed" of a $5 lazy Susan and a $1 pool noodle connector. Like, I said, ghetto.....but it works great and sits at nearly eye level!View attachment 140875
CLOSET Duratrax fan i knew it!