Which truck should I get?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abitaman

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have narrowed it down to a few trucks. In yalls opinion which is the best and which should I get? The Savage, the T-Maxx, Kyosho Mad Force, or the Duratrax Thunder Quake 1/8 scale. I don't know alot about the 4x4 trucks but I want one; just don't know which would be the best choice. Thanks for any help you can give me. Greatly appreciated!

Yep savage 25 RTR is proably the best bang for your buck!

No contest. Savage .25 is the best choice.

Ethier tmaxx or the savage.......It depends on what you want to do with it?
If you are just gonna take it out of the box and beat the heck outa'it then i'd say the savage. If you are lookin for something that you can upgrade the snot outa' with aftermarket parts then the maxx is the way to go.
But i would say those are the best 2 chocies!

I'll tell you what I tell everyone looking for a new ride.... What can you get parts for locally?

I bash the hell outta my RC rides and am buying parts every week. I've made the mistake in the past of buying a ride that my LHS doesn't stock parts for so I had to constantly wait for parts to come in. I've since switched to just buying parts over the net but I still have to wait.

If you can deal with waiting then it doesn't matter what truck you buy. If you are as impatient as I am, then get something your LHS stocks parts for.

My personal picks in no order is:

Ofna Titan or Dominator (Based on a 1/8 buggy frame, but its an Ofna)
T-Maxx (Fast, easy to find parts for, tons of hopups, Not as durable as Savage)
Savage .21, SS or .25 (Very durable, alot of HopUps, not as fast)
HotBodies Dirt Demon (About as big as the Savage, about as fast as T-Maxx, generally more bang for the buck, hard to find parts even on the net)

*sigh* Prolly some sentimentality in here but the T-Maxx is still a favorite of mine even though they've been a headache too.

i would go with the t maxx because of the availability of the parts and aftermarket hopups. if you do what most of us have done, you probably will have very little left of the original truck when you have finished having fun.

Go for the T-Maxx. Parts are easy to come by and if you just want to replace a stock part with the same part, eBay usually has someone selling stock parts he or she has taken off their truck to replace with an aftermarket part. Part is usually like new for a fraction of the cost of a brand new one.

Savage 25 rtr i wish i would have waited and got it instead of the 21 rtr oh well I'm puttin in a bigger engine soon :)

Well it really depends on what your going to do with it! Bashing, Racing, Show Truck ect...

Myself, I'm waiting for the new GS MT Pro This truck features: T6 7075 Aluminum Parts through out, Carbon Fiber parts, A Teflon coated Chassis (Sweet) to name a few!

This MT Pro truck comes with a ton of Hop Ups so you don't have to spend time or money hunting down trick parts, unless you want even more!

Also YOU can pick the Power Plant you want for the MT Pro! Novarossi, O.S., RB, Picco ect... (Pro version is a Kit & comes with NO ENGINE!)

There are many articals in most all RC magizines stating that GS offers more quality & performance for the buck than any other manufactures out there today!

There will also be an MT RTR that will sport the GS .25 eng. (Made by SH for GS) & the JR 3xi FM 3 channel Radio system, this is a great choice for any RC'er looking for a package deal!

They even have an MT Conversion Kit for the Storm Buggies. These trucks, the Pro, the RTR & MT Conversions even use an inline starter box for non pull start engines.
(another great feature) No more messing with crappy pullstarts or cheesy EZ start systems!

I admit I'm partial to GS (Genral Silicones) because I'm a Sponcered Team driver, Still I can't deny there are the other trucks listed above that are well built and extreemly competitive!

I'm not here to bash the competitors, Just to promote some "NEW" alternatives to the ever changing RC MT Lineup!

If anyone is "SERIOUSLY INTERESTED" in these GS products and would like more information on Pricing & Availability (I have a few pics. available also) please contact me at: [email protected]

Thanks for looking...
Kind Regards, Steve :naughty: