Which brushless motor setup for SCX-10

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hulkmaxx

Wanna know my secrect. I'm always ANGRY!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok guys thinking about finally upgrading to a good brushless setup for my Scx-10. I had to go to a 45t motor to keep motor temps down on mine and I lost to much wheel speed. I really like the Traxxaas VXL setup my brother is running on his Scx10. Is there a better setup out there that would work better than the Vxl setup. I can get the vxl system complete of the bay for like $130.00. Hit me with idea's guys really want to get this figured out. And I am running some very heavy weight up front in my wheels. Also what would be the best gearing to go with?

Also I am running Gmade portal axles. That's why had to gear down I think the gearing in my portals were higher than the stock scx10's.

For all out crawling, nothing comes close to a good sensored setup if you want to go brushless. On the high end, a Tekin ROC412 or Pro4 motor paired with their own RX8 or to save some cash a Castle MMP. But, for a lot less money, people have had great luck with the hobbywing XErun setups. VXL systems are great, but it's cog city for crawling. But if you're doing more of a G6 or rock race type thing then it probably doesn't matter.

I'm using a MMP and a Castle 4-pole 4600kV set up on mine with the 2-speed. On the upcoming Vaterra Ascender they're recommending their 4-pole 3300kV set up like on their touring cars and the Twin Hammers.

Thanks guys I'll research the setups recommended. I mainly hill climb a lot and trail ride. Really just wanting to get my wheels to spin a little faster.

Before the current set up in my rig, I used a Dynamite Fuze 5900kV 2-pole brushless set up on 2s and plenty of wheel speed.

Back