Which 1/10 scale crawler?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Element Gatekeeper is a blast.
20231215_122341.jpg

Well, I do that and still cut n sipe……am I insane?
The State Mental Hospital has a bed waiting for you. I'll be right there next to you as soon as I start this stupid Orlandoo Hunter build 🤪

.8mm E-CLIPS - EVERYWHERE!

Oh, and check out this differential...
Screenshot_20231227_081020.jpg

Now check out that same differential in the package. Notice the staple for scale!
Screenshot_20231227-080922_Chrome.jpg

Imagine putting the entire truck together, piece by piece!
crazy-cartoon-guy-straight-jacket-260nw-106320659.jpg

The State Mental Hospital has a bed waiting for you. I'll be right there next to you as soon as I start this stupid Orlandoo Hunter build 🤪

View attachment 178032

Now check out that same differential in the package. Notice the staple for scale!
View attachment 178033

View attachment 178034
Should get an hpi savages. Alot easier to work on. 🤣🤣

View attachment 178032

View attachment 178033

View attachment 178034

Nothing smaller than 1/24th unless it comes as an rtr. My eyes and fingers are getting less cooperative these days. Yep bonkers indeed! 🤪

Trigger pulled on the Vanquish. It's $399 at A|\/|ain today.

Thank you for the input everyone.
Late to the party, but a solid choice!

I've had the TRX4 for years and many mods. It's solid and darn near indestructible.

However, the new Vanquish products are pretty dang cool and a great value. They have gone from being the Lexus (pricing) of crawlers to something more affordable. The big difference that I can see is changing the metal axle housings to metal. But you can bet they are still some of the best out there. I've been eyeing these as well but I don't need another crawler.

Late to the party, but a solid choice!

I've had the TRX4 for years and many mods. It's solid and darn near indestructible.

However, the new Vanquish products are pretty dang cool and a great value. They have gone from being the Lexus (pricing) of crawlers to something more affordable. The big difference that I can see is changing the metal axle housings to metal. But you can bet they are still some of the best out there. I've been eyeing these as well but I don't need another crawler.
How can you notice a difference going from metal axles housings to metal axle housings? Unless it's aluminum to titanium or something. 🤣🤣😁

I really enjoy both the Redcat Everest 10 w/4ws and the RC4WD Bully2, also converted to 4WS. Both required new shocks, wheels, hub weights, tires, etcetera, for our terrain, but are a ton of fun. Both have broken but the Redcat is much cheaper to upgrade and repair.

IMG_20230827_080340121.jpg

IMG_20230827_080331802.jpg

IMG_20230910_162401475.jpg

IMG_20230910_162352402.jpg

IMG_20230910_165115598.jpg

IMG_20230827_080243587.jpg

IMG_20230910_162317322.jpg

IMG_20230909_111231384.jpg

IMG_20230910_165306902.jpg

IMG_20230910_165711507.jpg

Nice choice on the Vanquish...thinking of selling my Ecto, to make room for a "Stance". I returned (again) to RC back in May. As far as crawlers, I started with a Base Camp, then added an Ecto, and installed the excellent HW Fusion pro in both, and started playing with different weight and tire set ups. Then I added a new Capra 4WS, and that was a revelation...bought a second "scratch and dent" from Tower for $3XX, just to have for a second build. I love that there's no expensive body to replace, when it starts to crack up (like my Ecto). Just because these things don't go 60mph out of the box, doesn't mean you don't go through bodies. I stay away from the heavy, expensive "scale" bodies, for this reason, and because they decrease performance. Before you make a choice, check on what bodies cost. Can you buy at a chop shop? JRC doesn't offer discount chop shop parts for Vanquish, or AE. I just tried to find a painted Base Camp body on Amain-no dice. Only RTR SCX10III body I found was a $150 vintage bronco, in one color, at Jennys. Painted cab only, for Vanquish, is $80 plus tax @ Amain, and you can have any color you want, as long as it's red.

Last edited:
Back