Which 1/10 scale crawler?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxinflixion

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Happy holidays everyone.

After getting back into the RC world this summer, I've been having a blast. It's been mostly cheap Rlaarlo bashing with a ton of mini crawling (TRX4M and SCX24) with a dash of Traxxas Corvette action for something different.

Today, I was given a nice little gift card to blow frivolous. At first, an Arrma Big Rock was on my radar, but my Rlaarlo AMD12 can bash.

It's time for a tenth scale crawler.

If you were starting fresh in the 10th scale world, what crawler would you choose based on current and recent releases?

Any input is appreciated and respected.

One piece I should add is that I'm looking for crawling performance over trailing, but I might sacrifice some performance for scale realism as well.

TRX4 from Traxxas is always a good start. They are very scale and realistic, but not that great for performance :(
Axial SCX10 Maybe?
Don't know much about crawlers.

Element…. For the price yeah they are really great. If you decide you want more capabilities there’s chassis‘ out there like artful dodgers or others. It’s a capable platform. The ecto has a slimmer body so ups the performance out of the box. that scx10.3 renegade just came out too. I built an scx10.2 but I really like my sendero hd. you should just get one of every platform and TELL US which one to get 👍🏻

Happy holidays everyone.

After getting back into the RC world this summer, I've been having a blast. It's been mostly cheap Rlaarlo bashing with a ton of mini crawling (TRX4M and SCX24) with a dash of Traxxas Corvette action for something different.

Today, I was given a nice little gift card to blow frivolous. At first, an Arrma Big Rock was on my radar, but my Rlaarlo AMD12 can bash.

It's time for a tenth scale crawler.

If you were starting fresh in the 10th scale world, what crawler would you choose based on current and recent releases?

Any input is appreciated and respected.
I've had two Axial Scx10 before and while little stuff broke while out bashing not major did.go out. And as far as looks go I think they got most beat. Axial is coming out all more on the scale.side of things too.

I've had two Axial Scx10 before and while little stuff broke while out bashing not major did.go out. And as far as looks go I think they got most beat. Axial is coming out all more on the scale.side of things too.
I’m not 100% into axial stuff because I see it as somewhat low quality like traxxas. How cheap can we make it and still be ok….? That’s just how I see it, I really like my scx24, but all the crap that I did to it made me think that axial just stayed low level on that one. I built my own scx10/.2 type thing using parts that are not anything axial brand, but rather after market, and it’s a great platform in my opinion. When I got my rtr sendero hd I was really surprised at the quality of that thing. What a fun crawler. Now I have a hobby plus cr18p trail hunter and it’s pretty good too, but obviously needs a couple improvements. Axial just doesn’t strike me as the go to crawler platform when others do a little better.
IMG_4793.jpeg

Sky is the limit with axial compatible parts

Whose else is there in the crawler world?

Great input folks.

@J'sCrawler - I've been eyeing the Element Knightrunner. Wasn't sure if it hung with the rest crawling, but it gets some style points too.

The Element Knightrunner is a really good looking rig, but for performance, I would go with thr ECTO or the new ZUUL both are great performers and can hang with the Vanquish rigs (which have been the cream of the crop for a while). And still stay in a decent price range.

Great input folks.

@J'sCrawler - I've been eyeing the Element Knightrunner. Wasn't sure if it hung with the rest crawling, but it gets some style points too.
I would imagine the IFS is the knightrunners weak point for all out performance. I’d go with @Doom! ’s suggestion with the new zuul or the ecto for a nice crawler right out of the box. I don’t know all of the crawler brands, GMade is one we haven’t mentioned, but I’ve never tried one. The vanquish stuff is top shelf for top dollar, for me the element was right there on price.

I prefer my crawlers over my bashers anytime, I like the SCX10 style myself but all of them are good.
One thing to remember is, make sure there are available parts but on a good note, crawlers don't break nearly as much as bashers.
Building them up up with after market parts and accessories is a ton of fun.
I want to build a TRX4 one of these days and have been eyeballing Element for quite a while now.

I seriously looking at a vanquish vs410 phoenix for my next crawler. Looks like the performace/looks balance is pretty hard to beat. Although more money up front

Vanquish is a lot of money but a lot of great quality as well.

Find a couple of models that you are interested in, and watch a bunch of youtube vids for each. Sometimes there are surprising results, pros and cons.

I love the scaler rigs and not really a fan of the heavy modified comp crawlers.

Back