Whats new with the forum upgrade....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read post two, but I didn't see a problem I noticed tonight.

I'm using the Red skin with FireFox. Hyperlinks within posts don't get underlined. I checked with Internet Explorer v6 and the links are underlined so they stand out. In FF they just look like normal text.

I wasn't real sure where to post this... is there a place we are to post little anomalies such as this?

This is a link

They get underlined only when you hover over the link.

Oh, one other thing... the google/yahoo ads float on you now (in the red skin). They always used to be below the first post in a thread. Now they float around. Sometimes after the second, third, fourth... Makes it harder to hit them to help the site.

The yahoo ads still don't work for me for some reason... I cleared cookies, cache, history, checked hosts file, but they still take me nowhere. So I hit threads until I see google ads to click on.

Last edited:
vbgagnon - At this time I have not installed an kind of double post add-ons yet.

olds97_lss - I've fixed the link problem, give it a shot now. Also I've installed a mod that makes the google/yahoo ads move around in threads - this was done to see if it'd help improve the clicks. If they are in one spot it's easier to get used to them and just look over them... just a test.

-Michael

One complaint that I do have is with all colors but dark, the new posts don't show if I have posted in it or not. The dark has an envelope with a dot on it if I posted on the thread. The other colors just have a sheet of paper.

WoodiE said:
olds97_lss - I've fixed the link problem, give it a shot now. Also I've installed a mod that makes the google/yahoo ads move around in threads - this was done to see if it'd help improve the clicks. If they are in one spot it's easier to get used to them and just look over them... just a test.

-Michael

Cool! Links are good now.

I understand why about the ads, but it does make it harder for those of us who make it a routine to find and click them.

Any ideas on why the Yahoo ads take me nowhere?

Cool, just noticed avatars can now be 80x80. Me like.

Ohh yeah I forgot to mention that robmob - avatars are now set to 80x80 and your profile images are set to 250x250 I do believe.

Olds - I've emailed yahoo and they said they would recommend checking your internet explorer security settings, and/or firewall settings. Check to see if Java is enabled and allowed for this site. Are you at work when you try viewing them or at home?

-Michael

Thanks for checking woodie, but that didn't help... I keep java open so I can use stuff from work. It requires the ability to use java based sites.

I'm not sure what to check for the security settings or firewall settings. I know "where" to find the settings, I just don't know what to change...

At least the google ads work.

I don't know if knowing I am using FireFox helps.

Olds, I had the same problem until I upgraded to the latest version of FireFox. Problem was solved after the upgrade.

Yeah, I noticed the avatar size is now bigger, and I caught it on the profile pic, too. I had to update mine as the original one I had disappeared during the upgrade.

robmob said:
Olds, I had the same problem until I upgraded to the latest version of FireFox. Problem was solved after the upgrade.

What version are you running? I think I have the latest version... and I've un-installed then re-installed it. I have 1.07.

I tried leaving skip some feedback for something, but the error message keeps telling me I'm using an invalid url. But it's not... Anyone know why it isn't working? I tried using IE as well and it still doesn't work. Now I feel bad that I can't give skip his feedback.

LMK guys. Thanks.

BTW, this is the url I copied/pasted from my browser into the feedback url field:

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=393242

Back