What model E-Maxx ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kfarron1

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I scored this off craigslist for $100 bucks, the guy wanted $150 but it was missing a remote and the batteries, I had a spare TQ3 and orange crystals for the reciever. I have no idea what model this is but I want to convert it from 14.4 to the 16 volt model, I assume I need the new ESC and two motors... PS: this thing is clean, I wonder if the guy even used it, he said he used it last year less then ten times...

What would you do and what model is this, does anyone know?

Thanks in advance,
Keith

Pictures:

DSCN1199.jpg

DSCN1200.jpg

it looks just like mine when I got mine and mine is the3906...

it has the titan 550's on it right??? if you can't get a manual then let me know and I will scan mine and email you copies so you have them... I got new aarms and stuff and made mine wider and put big bore on it.. mine is 90% aluminum from the junk integy parts I had kicken around not being used. it is a blast.... the next setp could be putting on twin titan motors or brushless..
http://www.kershawdesigns.com/
They have the dual motor mount to put either 2 700's or I you can use the 775's on it aswell.. I am going to be grabing one next week...... to see how 2 775's do compared to the 550's.
Its the only mount they make for the 3906.. the big difference is you have the one steering servo no water proofing and the motors on the newer style are pointing the other way... and they have the blue servos and dual steering servos....

Last edited:
Yes, Its a 3906 from the research I've done, I do not have a manual, if you can email me one, its*************

Thanks,
Keith

I wanna upgrade the motors and esc...

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to Google and use the search line.
Type in :

Traxxas T-Maxx 3906 .pdf
You'll get the entire manual to print out.

Go to Google and use the search line.
Type in :

Traxxas T-Maxx 3906 .pdf
You'll get the entire manual to print out.

Thanks Rolex!

I got the e-maxx working last night, had to sodder new connectors for the newer style batteries on to the ESC. Works awesome, I love it.. So much different then my Tmaxx's and Smaxx's...

Just bought a set of 5000mah nimh batteries, the 2500's dont last long enough!

I'm sure it'll be lipo's and a single bigger motor soon enough!

i fitted a dewalt motor to my 3906 using stock motor mount, just needed cut bigger,to move the motor more outwards.
only problem i had was motor was to big and wouldn`t mesh to the spur because the motor hits the transmission case. i`m using a 28t pinion to a 64t spur. also tried 20t pinion to the 72t spur, this left 1st gear great for crawling but top speed maybe 10-15 mph 2nd gear was much faster,but i wanted first gear to run like that so increased pinion and decreased spur.i haven`t tested what speeds i`m getting but hear is vid of the 20/72 set up.http://youtu.be/1RxV1pg4Q3s

Back