The Fairy Godmother question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RET4RD

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
So I thought of this a few days ago going to bed while in that trip-out state between sleeping and awake…guess that figures. o_O

Situation: your fairy godmother hits up ur crib at 2 in the morning, and hands you 2 grand in $100 bills. She says you can sink it into anything you want…

but only if it's RC related.

You can sink it into a new rig, several new rigs, or upgrades on existing cars. She also asks for a price list, so she can write it off as a non-taxable.

I'll go first:

Onisiki Hannya, $500
Onisiki servo, $100
Onisiki Kikoku 10.5T 4050 Kv motor, $110
Hobbywing Xerun XD10 drift spec ESC, $220
Spektrum DX5 Pro, $330
Spektrum SR6100AT reciever, $100
Lexus RC F Pre-Painted drift body, $80
Firebrand RC Highfive drift wheels ($50)

From there, it's a new brushless system for the Yeti Jr. (Castle Mamba Micro X2, $180), new shoes for the Vorteks (Duratrax Hatchets, $60) and new servo (Spektrum S6290 Standard Digital servo, $150). The last $120 goes to a Spektrum S1200 charger and another set of drift wheels for the Yeti Jr.

See what kind of cool stuff u can do with 2 grand.

(ps you could also use it for stuff like model trains and planes, too.)

Parts to finish my Slash 4X4 (wheels and tires and body), a new Slash 2WD VXL, a pile of spare and upgrade parts for my Arrma Fury, another Arrma Fury and the parts to overbuild it, a Cen Racing F-450 SD, lipo's, lipo bags, lipo charger. I would probably end up way over $2000 by the time i was done.

I got 4 plans. I will only choose one of these plans. Plan 1 is get brushless systems for both the slash and rustler.(Hobbywing max10sct) New radio with 3 receivers. (Radiolink RC4GS V3 or Futaba 4PM) New tools. (MIP or Protek tools with tool bag) New gear box for both slash+rustler (Hotracing gear box) Or maybe a whole new trans. (Drag slash trans or Proline trans) New driveshafts for rustler. Aluminum rear hubs for the slash. New bearings in both cars. New body and servo for the mini b. And then whatever breaks on the cars afterwards. Plan 2 is when I own my own house and property build a crawler course (@Doom!) and/or a dirt track for racing and having fun. Plan 3 is build a 2wd or 4wd buggy for racing. I prefer carpet so ill do it if/when a carpet track comes closer to my area. If not ill race at my dirt track if i built it yet. Plan 4 is spend it on a new car. I am planning/wanting to get a 1/8 6S kraton. (Either the RTR or the EXB roller) Or a 1/7 Infraction 6S.
Or actually instead of building my own crawler course ill just come to your house @Doom! :)

@Smilinbri - we got our Ryft kit during a sale last year for like $260 or so if I remember right. It's an awesome kit to build, but it definitely needs hilly terrain to play on. It falls over on flat terrain.

Last edited:
I need to get a crawler and get with the game. I looked at the trx4 sport but I would like unlock and locking diffs and a 2 speed trans. The new trx4 k10 squarebody looks sweet. 😍 But it expensive. Or i might just go with the trx4 blazer and install the lift kit and lights my self.

@Smilinbri - we got our Ryft kit during a sale last year for like $260 or so if I remember right. It's an awesome kit to build, but it definitely needs hilly terrain to play on. It falls over on flat terrain.
Sweet. Yeah, my plan is have it has my "crawler". I don't have the patience for a true crawler, so this I'll take with me camping and hiking! :thumbs-up: