What is your craziest RC story

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it depends on what your and our's definition of crazy is.
How crazy? Idk. Craziest I can think of is anything Kevin Talbot related. Or that fast airplane I posted a few hours ago.

Idk if I call this crazy or funny, but during the summer when racing at the old track (RC Underground) I just got done racing with the Mini B and I put my buggy down on the track to get checked in for my 4wd buggy race. Accidently left the mini b on and once I hit the throttle, I was controlling 2 cars and the mini b went flying off the table. Make sure to turn off and unplug your cars. And especially if you have a multi model radio, switch models / profiles. One time I was doing the same thing. Forgot to switch the profile in my radio and I was like, why is my servo and throttle going the opposite way? 🤣 😅

When I was doing my first race back in 2016. Bare bones stock slash 2wd brushed. 2wd young guns short course. I was 7. My uncle mounted up new de racing wheels and mini pin carpet tires. When I was in the race. One of the rear tires came unglued. I didn't know what was happening at the time. All that I know how to do is turn on the car and charge up the battery. I just kept driving until the race ended. Idk which race it was. But here was the Amain result from that day. 3rd place for my first race. Not that bad. I am actually still friends with one of the guys in that race to this day. (Track: Bay Area Computers and Hobbies (BACH) )

406492551_319390861050331_1330266973951539277_n.jpg

Last edited:
Well, it depends on what your and our's definition of crazy is.
How crazy? Idk. Craziest I can think of is anything Kevin Talbot related. Or that fast airplane I posted a few hours ago.

Idk if I call this crazy or funny, but during the summer when racing at the old track (RC Underground) I just got done racing with the Mini B and I put my buggy down on the track to get checked in for my 4wd buggy race. Accidently left the mini b on and once I hit the throttle, I was controlling 2 cars and the mini b went flying off the table. Make sure to turn off and unplug your cars. And especially if you have a multi model radio, switch models / profiles. One time I was doing the same thing. Forgot to switch the profile in my radio and I was like, why is my servo and throttle going the opposite way? 🤣 😅

When I was doing my first race back in 2016. Bare bones stock slash 2wd brushed. 2wd young guns short course. I was 7. My uncle mounted up new de racing wheels and mini pin carpet tires. When I was in the race. One of the rear tires came unglued. I didn't know what was happening at the time. All that I know how to do is turn on the car and charge up the battery. I just kept driving until the race ended. Idk which race it was. But here was the Amain result from that day. 3rd place for my first race. Not that bad. I am actually still friends with one of the guys in that race to this day. (Track: Bay Area Computers and Hobbies (BACH) )

View attachment 181218
That's pretty good for your first race! Good job man 👍

My 2nd RC car was the Kyosho Javelin.
20221222_141902.jpg

I put a Trinity motor in it and it ran like a raped ape.

Our high school had just put in a brand new gym floor. It was a sunken gymnasium with concrete steps down to the gym floor. There was usually a couple hundred students sitting in there before the first bell.

I usually got to school 20 minutes before classes started. I ran the Javelin down the bleacher steps at a good tilt and hit the floor for some drifting. My decent down the steps looked fantastic by the way. A friend had a cheaper RC buggy that was actually fairly quick, and he sent his car flipping and flopping down the stairs, and after a lucky bounce it landed on the floor right side up.

I flew across the gym floor, sliding everywhere. After doing a few donuts I was ready to put it in my locker. I was flying back towards my corner of the gym and my friend was heading all over the place. We smashed head on. My car shot up over his as plastic parts went flying. The entire gymnasium went nuts. It was a pretty epic crash. His body was in pieces. Mine didn't get a scratch.

The zinger here was later that day in gym class we were doing pushups before whatever crap we had to do that day, and I saw all these tiny black streaks all over the floor. They were EVERYWHERE! Oops 🤣

I think it was 2022, when the savage was my only nitro and I still kinda sucked at tuning (ran too rich all the time). The track for bicycle races was closed for bicycles, but off the road there was great offroad. But it was already wet and it started even raining later on, yet I kept bashing it for 3 or 4 tanks that day. I didn't know about the existence of loctite, so the clutchbell got loose and shredded my spur gear in the end. My dad made a lot of videos but I still haven't edited them

It took me 5 hours to clean it. I could barely see the chassis because of all the wet grass and mud🤣
I left a lot of nitro residue on the asphalt for the racers LOL
Awesome memories

Sadly, my high school got rid of auto shop and replaced it with theater class. I wish it was still around. Instead I work in the metal shop all the time.
Last year was 08. No art class, shop, cars, metal, wood, or swimming. Basically band so the meat heads can have music on game day, rotc, or p.e.

Last year was 08. No art class, shop, cars, metal, wood, or swimming. Basically band so the meat heads can have music on game day, rotc, or p.e.
It's a damn shame what public schools have become. We used to have wood shop, metal shop, electricity shop, print shop, drafting/CAD, home economics (cooking), sewing, art, etc. Those are the classes that taught kids how to enter the workforce with some skills.

We have a sort of shop room which our robotics team was previously in there, but only the teacher for that room can actually cut metal or do anything in there.
My current HS is a magnet school. "Center of the arts" It changed to a magnet school after my uncle graduated there which was in 95.
And also, we are running a 4 class day schedule right now. The county is trying to get us to go over to a 8 class A day/B day schedule which is insane. Had that 8 class day schedule in middle school. Terrible. Got used to the 4 class day schedule and I don't want to go back. More class time to get work done and focus on the lesson. And more easier overall. You have less classes to worry about.

We have a sort of shop room which our robotics team was previously in there, but only the teacher for that room can actually cut metal or do anything in there.
My current HS is a magnet school. "Center of the arts" It changed to a magnet school after my uncle graduated there which was in 95.
And also, we are running a 4 class day schedule right now. The county is trying to get us to go over to a 8 class A day/B day schedule which is insane. Had that 8 class day schedule in middle school. Terrible. Got used to the 4 class day schedule and I don't want to go back. More class time to get work done and focus on the lesson. And more easier overall. You have less classes to worry about.
Ours was 6 hour long classes. 4 is too few, 8 is too many. Stupid school boards.

It's a damn shame what public schools have become. We used to have wood shop, metal shop, electricity shop, print shop, drafting/CAD, home economics (cooking), sewing, art, etc. Those are the classes that taught kids how to enter the workforce with some skills.
My high school still has metal shop, wood shop, architectural drafting and constructing, culinary, art, band, rock and roll history, etc.

I agree, on Thursday/Friday we have 3-4 class days that are 1hour 20 minutes but on normal week days, it is an 8 class day that is only 45 minutes.

4 is too few
Maybe. Maybe not. I actually have 5 classes. But one of those classes are on a A day / B day rotation day.
My high school still has metal shop, wood shop, architectural drafting and constructing, culinary, art, band, rock and roll history, etc.

I agree, on Thursday/Friday we have 3-4 class days that are 1hour 20 minutes but on normal week days, it is an 8 class day that is only 45 minutes.
I am currently taking Music and Society class. Its pretty good. Learning about like music and stuff. 🤣
4 class day schedule. Some have a A Day/B day rotation class so its more like 5 classes total. 1hr 30 min classes. 15 min homeroom in the morning. 30 minute lunch.

Man, if I got all the guys around the campfire with a couple beers, we could entertain you for days. Mostly back in the AM days and runaways. Even if you bought a good failsafe, it wasn't guaranteed to work. Lol.

Back in the day, I had a Losi GTX. Raced it locally with a couple different engines. Really shined with the Picco .12 in it. Anyway....when the whole racing thing fell apart, it sat for several years. Bashing became the cool thing to do. It was not a basher. Light weight and meant for racing. There wasn't aftermarket parts to beef it up. But, what about speed? I set out to make the fastest nitro stadium truck. And I did. OS .15 with a CVEC pipe and gearing. We didn't have GPS trackers. You had to find a cool cop with a radar gun. Best was 53 MPH. That was big deal back then. Lot's of people lined up and failed.

Enter the internet and forums. I was bragging about my GTX. A guy from Iowa challenged me. Several other people from MN showed up too. About 40 of us took over this big park. Had a ball. Bashed everything we had. It was time to get down to business. Both of us lined up in the parking lot. I kicked his ass. And then it just kept going.....My first runaway! Hit the curb head on. Exploded into a million pieces. Parts were falling out of the pine tree behind it. Not kidding. Didn't have cellphones or video cameras. I can still see it in my head. It was raining parts!

I did rebuild it. It lived on. Sold it to fund my Savage SS build. Sorry for the poor quality. Only have a couple pics from a 1.3? mega pixel camera.

Losi GTX.jpg
Losi GTX 2.jpg