What is your favorite rc youtube channel?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "Bob Ross" of RC channels was TheJANG from URC who used to also host his own online forum which at one point was arguably the most popular discussion board at the turn of the century. TheJANG pioneered a truly non biased system which included clear concise reviews along with a durability montage so people could see exactly what to expect without any BS. Many have tried to copy TheJANG but nobody has been able to accomplish anything close to what he's done for the industry. Not only did he do reviews, he also coined the term "JANGified" by merging his name with modified to develop amazing creations of which many of them were copied by Traxxas which introduced his creations as brand new classes of vehicles that we see today. Go back and look at the dates on when his videos were first published and you'll see they were released many years before Traxxas released the very same class of vehicle he created. No other media influencer has come close to TheJANG as far as emerging the industry.

Sadly, TheJANG was effectively shut down his channel for reasons explained here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3342095-MaxAmps

I would encourage folks to watch his Shapeshifter series and you'll quickly see why he should be compared to Bob Ross:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLS_SZ_w_u56Fcq2YMBmbE9XOYgkI5tqK5

TheJANG was also the first ever to create a 4WD SCT under Project21 which I was honored to carry on that legacy with some mods of my own:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/sho...1-CONVERSION-HongNor-Ravager-to-Monster-Truck

Although TheJANG has retired from RC, you can still find his amazing contributions toward his Lego channel:
https://www.youtube.com/@JANGBRiCKS

*** Side note, JANG stands for "Just A Nice Guy"
I used to watch his channel.

I follow many RC related channels. To many to list. I probably watch too much YouTube.

Currently been watching:

Raz Shifrin
James McCoy
RC-TNT
Tomley RC
Westoz RC
Kaos RC
Aussie RC Playground

Loved Camo RC's vids but he stopped uploading 😢

I want to like Earl Moorhead vids but I can't get through an entire vid.

Razor RC for accurate/ honest reviews.
Scale RC because he is Canadian.
Harley designs because he is very good at fabrication, interesting to see what he will come up with.
Holmes hobbies.
Kevin Talbot for a laugh.

I think there are too many that are just paid advertisers for receiving free products.

Razor RC for accurate/ honest reviews.
Scale RC because he is Canadian.
Harley designs because he is very good at fabrication, interesting to see what he will come up with.
Holmes hobbies.
Kevin Talbot for a laugh.

I think there are too many that are just paid advertisers for receiving free products.
I like Josh from Harley Designs, but I like Matt better (Scale Builders Guild). He does a lot more body customizing, which is more my thing.

Last edited:
I think @WickedFog would love that

My favorites. I got a ton. Mostly watch RC Driver, Mark Santa Maria. I watch Kevin Talbot just to shake my head all the time.

Roach RC
Ryan Harris
MX Acres
RC Knockout
Tomley RC
Racin Jason
@Addict Rc YT Channel
My own (Bomb Pop RC)
@WickedFog 's channel
Fivo Nine
Roadside RC
RC Sparks Studio
BU:FPV (my buddies channel)
And I watch other small channels, which are my buddies that post their races.
Matrix RC (Local racer)
DORKY&40 Models and RC
Razor RC
Mini Jam
Oval RC
Others like Spencer Rivkin and JConcepts Live, and MOD Live media for race coverages.
Joshua Bardwell - mostly FPV
Oh yea, Can't forget about AMain.
ixclusive RC - has a backyard mini carpet track
Trax RC

I got alot of channels I watch

Well with that, do I actually have a favorite? No.
Wow that's a long list!

Some of them I've heard of other's I will check out. I've got some looking to do now.

I didn't see anyone mention (no particular order)
Innovation RC
RC Review
RC Flight Test - Not into planes at the moment, but he makes it look so easy.
Exocaged
Peter Sripol - Another flight channel. I've got card board and super glue. It's that easy right?
RC Girl
Project Air

I refuse to watch Mad Max, the idiot on Kevin Talbot's channel. Idiot on his channel is a bit vague, he's the kid that takes your toy and breaks it on purpose. Maybe it's his shtick I dunno? but he presents as generally obnoxious, crass and destructive. This idiot in case you didn't know. His shirt says it all. :p
1706986404865.png

I like Tomley RC for entertainment and reviews.
AJJAM Studio for information. How to fix things like adjusting a diff, or to take care of things like battery safety. I learn more from AJJAM than anywhere else.

I like Roach RC, and some of the channels that stream live racing events.

Otherwise, most channels range from "far too obnoxious", to "Here's this low quality RC that I'm going to only run once and raffle away, be sure to buy it using my affiliate link!".

I absolutely agree with @burky that too many channels push freebies. I used to watch a channel that basically devolved into a showcase for FMS.

When I looked up videos on an Element crawler (or AE Apex2), I couldn't help but notice that all of them made sure to praise the bronze bushings for being "low maintenance".

Back