What %fuel do you run?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be hard to tell which is better without first hand experience or research. Just for fun what was the lowest fuel % you've run or the highest?

TNR has a low of 8% oil in which is used at races an sponsors a lot of racers here in the states ,an those races
have 15 ,30 an 45 minute heats were they have to come in an refuel ,so the engine is running that of a period
with only 8% oil content with out any issues ,in most cases ,a back yard basher only runs 1 to 2 tanks of fuel
with maybe a cool down or a break period!

I run 10% an will run the 12% ,I have no issues running 12% but I will never run a fuel any higher than a 12% ,
any higher oil content may cause flame outs an more frequent plugs to foul an unstable idle ,that is why
perhaps plane engines plugs ran an idle bar!

So if a racer runs 8% in a 45 min heat with out issues ,then the facts have been proven!.. 👍 😎

i dont know if bones is in canada. I live 4 hours from a pretty terrible hbby store but 6 from a decent one. I'm going to try to find them in canada but they arent stocked in my online go to shop so ill have yo do some digging

Though a lot of people seem to like bones too. I actually clicked on a thread from a year ago and someone else praised bones
Another Canadian here, I agree that I don't think Bones is here. I'm in Edmonton, AB... never seen it here.
I have a friend in Canada ,I think that you can't get Bones there ,I think Bones is out of Indiana or Ohio or some
place in those upper states ,Torcco is in Arizona ,I can have Torcco sent to my door in 2 days but takes Bones
about 5 to 7 days!
I could ask my friend Bob on what fuel they use in Canada!..:cool:
Please ask! For another Canadian lol

I'm curious. I was running the 20% backyard basher by morgan fuel on my savage. I say was because its currently OTB. The onroad car i have running some 33% top fuel that i will change once my jug runs out. I perfer the 20% because its a few bucks cheaper. I also got some 5% morgan fuel from the man i bought my great vigor from one of my post.
Does anyone make their own 0% nitro out of curiosity.
FHS Oils Red Max 40 for marine and 30 for auto.