What %fuel do you run?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coldvod

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
I'm curious. I was running the 20% backyard basher by morgan fuel on my savage. I say was because its currently OTB. The onroad car i have running some 33% top fuel that i will change once my jug runs out. I perfer the 20% because its a few bucks cheaper. I also got some 5% morgan fuel from the man i bought my great vigor from one of my post.
Does anyone make their own 0% nitro out of curiosity.

I always got 33%. It runs better for me. A few times I got 20% due to only stock or lack of funds
Hoping to buy fuel by mid or late summer, and am looking to branch away from traxxas fuel.

I always got 33%. It runs better for me. A few times I got 20% due to only stock or lack of funds
Hoping to buy fuel by mid or late summer, and am looking to branch away from traxxas fuel.
I personally got the 33% in january while going to the hobby shop. I aksed for some fuel they handed me this and i bought it. I was out of town and wanted fuel for something. I dont remeber why or why i bought it because it was january.. in northern ontario. I havent found a difference in the fuel but I've only run them on different vehicles

I personally got the 33% in january while going to the hobby shop. I aksed for some fuel they handed me this and i bought it. I was out of town and wanted fuel for something. I dont remeber why or why i bought it because it was january.. in northern ontario. I havent found a difference in the fuel but I've only run them on different vehicles
I think @cbaker65 reccomends bones fuels. Thats probably my next purchase.

I learned to watch the fuel hobby shops sale. Some are ok, others are nice but have too much oil. Alot of the good ones have vanished.

I learned to watch the fuel hobby shops sale. Some are ok, others are nice but have too much oil. Alot of the good ones have vanished.
i dont know if bones is in canada. I live 4 hours from a pretty terrible hbby store but 6 from a decent one. I'm going to try to find them in canada but they arent stocked in my online go to shop so ill have yo do some digging

Though a lot of people seem to like bones too. I actually clicked on a thread from a year ago and someone else praised bones

i dont know if bones is in canada. I live 4 hours from a pretty terrible hbby store but 6 from a decent one. I'm going to try to find them in canada but they arent stocked in my online go to shop so ill have yo do some digging

Though a lot of people seem to like bones too. I actually clicked on a thread from a year ago and someone else praised bones
https://www.bonesmotorsports.com/Bo...s-Free-Shipping-USA-Lower-48-states_p_25.html

Look around that site. I have no idea if the linked product is the right %, content, or quantity.

I run VP fuel, 25% nitro with 9% oil. It’s what my LHS stocks. Fuel is expensive enough without paying a ton for shipping. I have used VP fuel in my dirt bikes for many years and they are a proven, high quality manufacturer. Can’t speak for the other brands but haven’t had any issues with VP.

I run VP fuel, 25% nitro with 9% oil. It’s what my LHS stocks. Fuel is expensive enough without paying a ton for shipping. I have used VP fuel in my dirt bikes for many years and they are a proven, high quality manufacturer. Can’t speak for the other brands but haven’t had any issues with VP.
I used those in mowers and handhelds.

Yeah. I have to pay for shipping ( unless i buy 99$ worth to get free shipping ) anyway but having to pay for imports too.

Torco 30 for bashing, torco boat 55% for fun

I have a friend in Canada ,I think that you can't get Bones there ,I think Bones is out of Indiana or Ohio or some
place in those upper states ,Torcco is in Arizona ,I can have Torcco sent to my door in 2 days but takes Bones
about 5 to 7 days!
I could ask my friend Bob on what fuel they use in Canada!..:cool:

I have a friend in Canada ,I think that you can't get Bones there ,I think Bones is out of Indiana or Ohio or some
place in those upper states ,Torcco is in Arizona ,I can have Torcco sent to my door in 2 days but takes Bones
about 5 to 7 days!
NitroTane, is one

about 5 to 7 days!
Yeah you can't get those up here. I have sidewinder by morgans fuel. I like the 20% but I've only tried 20% ( 16% oil) sidewinder backyard basher and the traxxas 33%. They have all the race stuff with different blends. Here's my go to online shop's nitro selection https://www.greathobbies.com/search/results/?srchtype=AdvSearch&srchcat=MF&srchstkstatsort=avail. I don't know if the link will show up but its called GreatHobbies
NitroTane, is one
It's expensive. 75$ a gallon

Yeah you can't get those up here. I have sidewinder by morgans fuel. I like the 20% but I've only tried 20% ( 16% oil) sidewinder backyard basher and the traxxas 33%. They have all the race stuff with different blends. Here's my go to online shop's nitro selection https://www.greathobbies.com/search/results/?srchtype=AdvSearch&srchcat=MF&srchstkstatsort=avail. I don't know if the link will show up but its called GreatHobbies

It's expensive. 75$ a gallon
Not too much more than a gallon of torco here, last I ordered was about 60 usd

Damn ,nice selection!..🤔

Sidewinder & Blue Thunder is good fuel ,although I dont care for 16% oil content on a 20% Nitro ,
that is nearly 1 to 1 ratio!..🤢...Over kill on oil!

The highest oil I would ever go would be a 12 % ,Bones has 8 to 10% oil ,but I think that they also
will custom blend some for you on request!
I run 30/10 with out issues!..😎
Traxxas fuel an 16% oil content makes a good break-in fuel an nothing more!..😂🤣👍

Damn ,nice selection!..🤔

Sidewinder & Blue Thunder is good fuel ,although I dont care for 16% oil content on a 20% Nitro ,
that is nearly 1 to 1 ratio!..🤢...Over kill on oil!

The highest oil I would ever go would be a 12 % ,Bones has 8 to 10% oil ,but I think that they also
will custom blend some for you on request!
I run 30/10 with out issues!..😎
That's why I'm going to buy either going for the sidewinder 20/12 or 30/12 race stuff. I bought the basher stuff but not next time

That's why I'm going to buy either going for the sidewinder 20/12 or 30/12 race stuff. I bought the basher stuff but not next time

👍..A lot of think more oil is better ,but dont realize that the oil ratio is very high per volume!..😎
Most of those racers are running 8 to 10% oil on 45 min heats!..👍🤣

👍..A lot of think more oil is better ,but dont realize that the oil ratio is very high per volume!..😎
It would be hard to tell which is better without first hand experience or research. Just for fun what was the lowest fuel % you've run or the highest?