What are your other passions/hobbies/things you enjoy doing? (Not RC)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My friend use to do that in the 80's ,he use to go to stereo sound competitions!..:thumbs-up::cool:
i once was all about as loud as it could be but not into one note wonders in competition these years...

My friend had his set up where you can here all of sounds ,not like that crappy horrible base that
you here today!
His you can here the bass ,mids an highs along with the vocals!..:thumbs-up::cool:
oh good to hear, i am with you on that.

oh good to hear, i am with you on that.

Dont rememeber what wattage he was using ,I know that he had a couple amps an pre amp ,but
his speakers were a pair of 15 '' Cerwin Vegas ,pair of 12'' Piles .a pair of Yamaha 8'' liquid cooled mids ,
a pair Pile 6'' mids am MM 80 watt tweeters ,all crammed in a 1971 Datsun car!..:hehe::hehe:

Dont rememeber what wattage he was using ,I know that he had a couple amps an pre amp ,but
his speakers were a pair of 15 '' Cerwin Vegas ,pair of 12'' Piles .a pair of Yamaha 8'' liquid cooled mids ,
a pair Pile 6'' mids am MM 80 watt tweeters ,all crammed in a 1971 Datsun car!..:hehe::hehe:
Sounds like an old school bad ass setup, unfortunately i have little knowledge on gear made before the early 90's, and personally only have experience with mid late 90s gear thru late 00s, and the era of what i know most about

Sounds like an old school bad ass setup, unfortunately i have little knowledge on gear made before the early 90's, and personally only have experience with mid late 90s gear thru late 00s, and the era of what i know most about

Yea ,it had a totally different sound ,when I here todays stuff ,all I here from cars is a nasty bla blop an a horrible
rattle coming from the cars!
My friends system you heard every detail of the instraments an you can here his coming from a mile
away like a boom pshhhhh boom pshhhh boom boom pshhhh ,his mids & tweeters hit as hard as the bass
an the sound was so much clearer ,he also had a sepperate cross over network!

Do you have any passions/hobbies/things you enjoy doing other than RC

Mine:

Music
(Someday ima be a christian rapper. You will all be bragging that you knew me before I was famous! LOL JK)

Taking things apart and seeing how they work
(When I was 2 i took apart a clock)
I build RFamplifiers

Yea ,it had a totally different sound ,when I here todays stuff ,all I here from cars is a nasty bla blop an a horrible
rattle coming from the cars!
My friends system you heard every detail of the instraments an you can here his coming from a mile
away like a boom pshhhhh boom pshhhh boom boom pshhhh ,his mids & tweeters hit as hard as the bass
an the sound was so much clearer ,he also had a sepperate cross over network!
I am with you there! I like some output on lows but I chase rattles and use deadening where possible.

I must have a dash mounted or nearby out of sight a 7 band eq or I Don't feel right

I'm thinking about taking up sculpting. I used to dabble in it years ago, and was pretty good at it. But it was just a pastime at work while my machine ran. I made some pretty cool skulls that seemed to always be wanted by my co-workers, so I gave them all away.

I'm thinking about taking up sculpting. I used to dabble in it years ago, and was pretty good at it. But it was just a pastime at work while my machine ran. I made some pretty cool skulls that seemed to always be wanted by my co-workers, so I gave them all away.

Sculpting has always interested me, It's something I've wanted to do but have avoided because I already have to many hobbies. It looks relaxing.

My first love has always been music followed by mechanical things.. Instruments I play include saxophone(alto tenor and baritone), clarinet, piano/keyboard/organ, Guitar, Bass guitar, and vocals.. Here is a cover /slideshow of my Favorite Little Richard tune I recorded as a tribute to his career after his passing .. Just a standard 4 piece rock configuration in this arrangement.. Oddly enough I liked it better with no piano in the mix.. enjoy..

My first love has always been music followed by mechanical things.. Instruments I play include saxophone(alto tenor and baritone), clarinet, piano/keyboard/organ, Guitar, Bass guitar, and vocals.. Here is a cover /slideshow of my Favorite Little Richard tune I recorded as a tribute to his career after his passing .. Just a standard 4 piece rock configuration in this arrangement.. Oddly enough I liked it better with no piano in the mix.. enjoy..

Nice choice, Little Richard was always a favorite! Not learning an instrument is one of my biggest regrets.

One of my other pastimes is kayaking. I just like to drift around and look at birds. But once a year the Great Iowa River Race is held on the first weekend in June. In 2018 when I first got my kayak I finished second. I don’t like second place so I started training by paddling upstream. That way I learn the river and get in shape. Then I broke my shoulder really bad. And did not get it fixed for six months. The race was canceled that year because of storms. Then Covid hit and last year they did not have the race. So today was the first race in four years. I was ready, I got a somewhat bad start but just dug in and finished first in place.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 26
One of my other pastimes is kayaking. I just like to drift around and look at birds. But once a year the Great Iowa River Race is held on the first weekend in June. In 2018 when I first got my kayak I finished second. I don’t like second place so I started training by paddling upstream. That way I learn the river and get in shape. Then I broke my shoulder really bad. And did not get it fixed for six months. The race was canceled that year because of storms. Then Covid hit and last year they did not have the race. So today was the first race in four years. I was ready, I got a somewhat bad start but just dug in and finished first in place.
Very cool, congrats.

One of my other hobbies is building car models. I build cars my parents had while I was growing up or I have owned as an adult. I also like to build hot rods. I have collected 50 model kits that need to be built and built 10 over the past couple years. I’m also wrenching on a 1950 Farmall Cub tractor and I like fishing sitting in my float tube in a small local lake.

Attachments

• 04524C35-3D17-4B59-A45B-3CC51513F162.jpeg
    04524C35-3D17-4B59-A45B-3CC51513F162.jpeg
    237.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 35211CEC-93F8-4D94-A2DA-B625DB3EA28B.jpeg
    35211CEC-93F8-4D94-A2DA-B625DB3EA28B.jpeg
    313.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 174C680C-2E51-4465-840E-F3A13FB88B77.jpeg
    174C680C-2E51-4465-840E-F3A13FB88B77.jpeg
    299.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 630D813A-C29B-4508-9F56-2683059D2031.jpeg
    630D813A-C29B-4508-9F56-2683059D2031.jpeg
    196.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 396ED3CA-9050-47C5-8B61-45B03185964D.jpeg
    396ED3CA-9050-47C5-8B61-45B03185964D.jpeg
    394.1 KB · Views: 30
One of my other hobbies is building car models. I build cars my parents had while I was growing up or I have owned as an adult. I also like to build hot rods. I have collected 50 model kits that need to be built and built 10 over the past couple years. I’m also wrenching on a 1950 Farmall Cub tractor and I like fishing sitting in my float tube in a small local lake.
Welcome to the site.
Cool things you got there. I thought your float was a mower at first! Seems good size. You might be able to get mini and micro crawler parts and rc some of these.

Whatever you do, dont look at crawlers, ultimate scale truck expo on youtube, rc4wd scale engine etc. 🤣😂

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=uste+rc

https://store.rc4wd.com/search.asp?keyword=Engine

Back