What are your other passions/hobbies/things you enjoy doing? (Not RC)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey wait a cotton-pickin' minute! These are supposed to be in the shed, not eating up train room space 😉
20211110_144010.jpg

Hey wait a cotton-pickin' minute! These are supposed to be in the shed, not eating up train room space 😉
View attachment 136282
I consider that home defense! If you can't use it, throw it.

There was one point I had 3 chainsaws on the floor knife under pillow, a machete under the bed and a sledge in the back pack while I slept.

Last edited:
Anyone into instrumental music?

I play Bb soprano clarinet and recently picked up the bass clarinet:

PXL_20211111_041706195.jpg

Originally, I had planned on trying an alto or tenor saxophone but decided to pick up the bass since our band needed a couple of bass clarinets, and it's been super fun so far!

View attachment 136308

Originally, I had planned on trying an alto or tenor saxophone but decided to pick up the bass since our band needed a couple of bass clarinets, and it's been super fun so far!
I played violin for 5 years in school, but gave it up. Into classical guitar now and fingerstyle guitar. Though I am no good at it.

View attachment 136308

That's great!

I wished my son still played his sax. About 5 years ago, when his elementary school band began, he randomly decided he wanted to play the alto sax. I was sure it wasn't going to last long, but I was wrong. He actually became pretty good!
He stopped playing this year, as a freshmen, because marching band is a requirement at his high school. My oldest daughter, whose now a senior, stopped playing flute for the same reason. I really wished they didn't make marching band mandatory.

That's great!

I wished my son still played his sax. About 5 years ago, when his elementary school band began, he randomly decided he wanted to play the alto sax. I was sure it wasn't going to last long, but I was wrong. He actually became pretty good!
He stopped playing this year, as a freshmen, because marching band is a requirement at his high school. My oldest daughter, whose now a senior, stopped playing flute for the same reason. I really wished they didn't make marching band mandatory.
Marching band is a requirement? What kinda F'd up shite is that? I would home school over that one.

No, no. It's required for students who plays in regular band. Except for the strings players.
Oh, ok. That makes more sense. But still, kinda dumb.
That's like saying if you take art class you have to paint faces at football games.

Oh, ok. That makes more sense. But still, kinda dumb.
That's like saying if you take art class you have to paint faces at football games.
It is dumb! I'm sure my kids are not the only ones to drop out of regular band due to this requirement. Most kids in band just don't care to hang out with the football crowd....and vice versa.

It is dumb! I'm sure my kids are not the only ones to drop out of regular band due to this requirement. Most kids in band just don't care to hang out with the football crowd....and vice versa.
Exactly. I loved football. But I damn sure didn't want to go marching out onto the field like some kinda glorified cheerleader. And it's a shame your kids have to drop playing because of it.

I have some serious issues with youtube last night so for some reason the focus is off.

View attachment 136308

I play guitar.

Last edited:
Exactly. I loved football. But I damn sure didn't want to go marching out onto the field like some kinda glorified cheerleader. And it's a shame your kids have to drop playing because of it.
That is dumb as hell. Id have thrown a fit over that.

I have some serious issues with youtube last night so for some reason the focus is off.

I play guitar.
Thats pretty cool TP...When you doing the brushless conversion? 🤣🤣🤣

View attachment 136308

I did trombone years ago. It was for a week or so. I couldnt afford my own, the main teacher had to go to Iraq, so I was moved asssistant director and helped the new teacher. Best classs I had.

That's great!

That's interesting how marching band is a requirement... my school doesn't have a marching band, and all the football game stuff is voluntary, but we are required to play in a city parade (which is as close as we get to be a marching band).

I did trombone years ago. It was for a week or so. I couldnt afford my own, the main teacher had to go to Iraq, so I was moved asssistant director and helped the new teacher. Best classs I had.
Awesome, trombones sound very majestic, and playing a musical instrument is very fun!

I'll still add some more vegetation and gravel but this is what it looks like so far.
I like to call them, my Parsley trees...:D
It smells pretty damn good in the train room right now LOL.

IMG_0120.JPG
IMG_0121.JPG
IMG_0122.JPG

Last edited:
Back