What’s your guys opinion on this motor and esc combo I found. would it be any good?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NurturantQuasar

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Found this motor and esc combo I’m not sure what brand the esc is. Do you guys think I should just pass this up? Or should I go for it? I’m sure the motors decent but I got no clue on the esc. For 99 dollars I can’t imagine it would be the best. if I were to get it would I be able to mount this in a slash 4x4? I got one that needs a new esc and motor. Also I got no clue how to use an esc tuning card.

link:https://m.aliexpress.com/item/40002...bfoutqv0HaZ-WyIir3hoCsakQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Last edited:
Never heard of them but always worth a shot. As far as the program card, they are pretty self explanatory and simple to use...

most of the time almost 100% you need to power esc with battery then b4 turning on plug rx wire into program card . then go thru menu and select what you want

Guessing the esc is a hobbywing:
https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/products/quicrun-wp-8bl150?variant=654322045

The program card plugs into the fan port, then you can adjust punch, brake, reverse, motor rotation, etc. You can either power the esc with a pack, plug the box in, turn on the esc and mess with it, or, plug the box into the esc, plug a 6v supply into the program box and program it. I've done both with my hobbywing box.

It should be a decent system for a slash, probably get the higher kv one if you want to run 3S, the lower if you want to run 4S+.

I run an arrma blx185 (similar esc to that) and a castle 4074 2200kv motor from my old brushless revo. It does really well on 3S. Probably a bit more torquey than those motors since mine is longer, but guessing they would still be pretty capable in a small 1/10th truck. The system is likely intended for a 1/8th buggy.

Mine on 3S:

Guessing the esc is a hobbywing:
https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/products/quicrun-wp-8bl150?variant=654322045

The program card plugs into the fan port, then you can adjust punch, brake, reverse, motor rotation, etc. You can either power the esc with a pack, plug the box in, turn on the esc and mess with it, or, plug the box into the esc, plug a 6v supply into the program box and program it. I've done both with my hobbywing box.

It should be a decent system for a slash, probably get the higher kv one if you want to run 3S, the lower if you want to run 4S+.

I run an arrma blx185 (similar esc to that) and a castle 4074 2200kv motor from my old brushless revo. It does really well on 3S. Probably a bit more torquey than those motors since mine is longer, but guessing they would still be pretty capable in a small 1/10th truck. The system is likely intended for a 1/8th buggy.

Mine on 3S:
Alright, I was mostly asking for my father as his slash ecu burnt up on him due to the fan on the ecu unknowingly popping off last time I was out driving rc cars with him. and since he’s running a 4600kv castle motor I was trying to find a motor more suitable for a 4x4 slash that wasn’t super expensive. He decided just to get a sidewinder 4 esc. and I’m not terribly interested this combo at the moment as my Velineon motor keeps cool and has enough power for what I’m doing with it. But I’ll keep it bookmarked in case a moment comes in the future where I want to get this combo.

That is a Fake castle creations motor, and a copy of a Hobbywing ESC and program card
Verdict : unknown quantity .
I’d go for surpass hobby motor or gool RC
Or Racerstar if your After a cheap motor but as for the ESC ?‍♂️

Back