What’s your EDC pocketknife?

• Thread starter F.R.S. Ninja_007
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just took this updated small folder drawer. View attachment 168472
Nice SAK pouch. What’s that green one in the middle?
I have quite a few Leatherman's and the Wingman is my most used by far. It's always in my pocket at work. The blue Squirt S4 stays on my car keys and the Wave is my house work EDC.

View attachment 168451

I just gathered most of my collection. I usually have them scattered in different locations like cars, bags, key rings, tackle box etc. I'm missing some from this photo (like another wingman, CRKT, another 2 Bahcos). Thought I had another Leatherman folder too.

View attachment 168452
In the bag on the right is cheap Browning knives. The wooded handled knife at the top right is a Svord 3" peasant knife made in New Zealand.
Leatherman Micra and Free T4, great picks. I’m debating over a Leatherman Micra and Victorinox MiniChamp as a keychain or coin pocket tool.

Kershaw Emerson CQC-11K​

Emerson and Kershaw have an arrangement where Kershaw makes an affordably priced knife of Emerson's design.
I really like the wave feature on the back of the blade. When you pull it from your pocket the wave catches on the pocket cuff and opens. There's no spring but it opens fast as if there was one. Ingenious.

61tBXiTjzBL._AC_SX679_.jpg

This is the one my wife keeps in her purse. She's not interested in pocket knives and the springs scare her so I bought her this. If You're not familiar with Opinal the blade is thin and made of carbon steel so it stays wicked sharp practically forever. The blade stays locked by manually twisting the collar. Another cool design and inexpensive enough to have 'em stashed everywhere.
61UfroaXe8L._AC_SX679_.jpg

Kershaw Emerson CQC-11K​

Emerson and Kershaw have an arrangement where Kershaw makes an affordably priced knife of Emerson's design.
I really like the wave feature on the back of the blade. When you pull it from your pocket the wave catches on the pocket cuff and opens. There's no spring but it opens fast as if there was one. Ingenious.

View attachment 168475
I’ve seen this feature before. Very cool.

So I was planning on buying a Civivi Praxis(full sized) or a CJRB Pyrite or a Petrified fish Beluga, but on a whim, without doing any research, I just purchased a Vosteed Valkyrie knife with the Seax Nitro-V Black Stonewashed blade, w/ Green Micarta handle and Trek Lock.

Got if for a good price, pre-owned but not used. It's my first Vosteed knife, first Trek Lock and first seax style blade.

Haven't received it yet. Hope I made the right decision. If nothing else, It looks cool 🤷‍♂️.

Screenshot_20230905_102821_eBay.jpg

Last edited:
I was in Walmart today and came across this $6 little cutie. Adding yet another cheapo, but decent Ozark Trails mini folder to my edc collection.
I like this rubbery handle, and blade is very sharp and opens pretty smooth.
20230909_133005.jpg

0327SSS-B_1__50660.1686260982.386.513.png

https://www.buckknives.com/product/327-nobleman-knife/?sku=0327SSS-B

When I finished my last year as master of my lodge, I bought this knife (brushed steel) for each officer in the line and a few more for some of the other members who worked hard at helping to get things done. I kept one for myself too because it was a pretty special memento. I had the blades engraved with the lodge name and number and the year of my term.
If you're out wearing a suit or tuxedo this little knife is a good choice because it's still useful sized (2-5/8" blade) but looks nice and it's a Buck so you know it's got quality.

Last edited:
Back