What’s your EDC pocketknife?

• Thread starter F.R.S. Ninja_007
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F.R.S. Ninja_007

RCTalk Addict
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Scale Builder
I know that many in the R/C hobby own pocketknives; some simple folders, others full-on Leathermans. I’d like to see everyone’s collection. I own a few; my oldest is a Victorinox Huntsman but I mostly use a cheap Schrade SCH707, which actually holds up pretty nice. I also have a CRKT Tuna, but it’s framelock and tail-up carry so I don’t use it anymore. Another Schrade SCH303M and Victorinox Tinker, and that pretty much sums up my EDC pocketknives. What’s your go-to pocketknife?

6DDED596-59FE-4F30-B219-E9A796DE49EC.jpeg

My daily is a Smitty & West M &P. Had a glass breaker but the third Jim Beam bottle its gone.

I ordered a replacement buy didn't care for it. My neighbor is a nurse so I gave it to them. That one had a light, window breaker and seatbelt cutter.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/391593505368

@Doom! I used to rock a Gerber sarated black and silver knife. I left it at my buddies and he let his girl take it for safety. She cheated and left it in his enemies car on top of that. I really miss that one.

20230707_115519.jpg

20230707_115506.jpg

Hey F.R.S. Useful selection you have there.

MY EDC's are same as the two Swiss reds shown in your image. Alternate their carry month to month. Indispensable folders they are.

Fav though is a multi-blade black handle Swiss Army folder I've had since 1986. It was EDC during my Army career and now serves as my RC bench and pit go-to tool. Even serves to weight down my car stand during windy runs. Cheers. 'AC'

20230115_134823_resize RCT.jpg

20230521_153924_resize RCT.jpg

Last edited:
Kershaw Leek 1660CB. I’ve got dozens of pocket knives that I’ve gotten over the years. From Chinese junk to really expensive Benchmade’s. This is by far my favorite knife to EDC. Assisted open, liner lock, blade tip is down when it’s clipped in your pocket. Smooth, lightweight, holds an edge for ages. Damascus blade. It comes in a bunch of colors. Usually around $60-$70.
IMG_2196.jpeg
IMG_2195.jpeg

I can't bring myself to spend the money for a Benchmade, I'm kind of rough on my EDC. I keep seeing some tempting stuff out there, but would rather spend the money on my hobby. Now if I had the extra money to spend... :)

I can't bring myself to spend the money for a Benchmade, I'm kind of rough on my EDC. I keep seeing some tempting stuff out there, but would rather spend the money on my hobby. Now if I had the extra money to spend... :)
Yeah, Benchmade’s really expensive. One day, I’ll get a Benchmade Mini Bugout.
TBH, I kinda don’t trust GerberGear anymore. A couple of Gerber products I own have failed me; I’m gonna get a SOG PowerAccess Assist MT to replace my Suspension NXT.
I have a few stuffed away somewhere. One in each tackle box for sure.
Since I retired I have no reason to carry one.
You should still carry one; I can’t count the amount of times someone has asked to use my knife any given day.

Yeah, Benchmade’s really expensive. One day, I’ll get a Benchmade Mini Bugout.

TBH, I kinda don’t trust GerberGear anymore. A couple of Gerber products I own have failed me; I’m gonna get a SOG PowerAccess Assist MT to replace my Suspension NXT.
I always wanted the Sog machete. They seemed to replace gerber here. Early 2000s they seemed decent. But the Bear Grillis line feels cheap.

Hey F.R.S. Useful selection you have there.

MY EDC's are same as the two Swiss reds shown in your image. Alternate their carry month to month. Indispensable folders they are.

Fav though is a multi-blade black handle Swiss Army folder I've had since 1986. It was EDC during my Army career and now serves as my RC bench and pit go-to tool. Even serves to weight down my car stand during windy runs. Cheers. 'AC'

View attachment 168431

View attachment 168432
A Victorinox SwissChamp?

Same here.

I have a tendency to pick up inexpensive knives I come across. In recent years, I've been picking up these $5 Ozark Trail folders from Walmart, and a number of these have been my main edc knives.
1220200929a.jpg

This is an old pic of my small folder collection. It has grown since.
1220200926.jpg

I have quite a few Leatherman's and the Wingman is my most used by far. It's always in my pocket at work. The blue Squirt S4 stays on my car keys and the Wave is my house work EDC.

20230708_151127.jpg

I just gathered most of my collection. I usually have them scattered in different locations like cars, bags, key rings, tackle box etc. I'm missing some from this photo (like another wingman, CRKT, another 2 Bahcos). Thought I had another Leatherman folder too.

20230708_152229.jpg

In the bag on the right is cheap Browning knives. The wooded handled knife at the top right is a Svord 3" peasant knife made in New Zealand.

Last edited:
I know that many in the R/C hobby own pocketknives; some simple folders, others full-on Leathermans. I’d like to see everyone’s collection. I own a few; my oldest is a Victorinox Huntsman but I mostly use a cheap Schrade SCH707, which actually holds up pretty nice. I also have a CRKT Tuna, but it’s framelock and tail-up carry so I don’t use it anymore. Another Schrade SCH303M and Victorinox Tinker, and that pretty much sums up my EDC pocketknives. What’s your go-to pocketknife?

View attachment 168427
Buck Spitfire

16888372957493152471927636976715.jpg

Out of the collection, it's generally one of these three, with the Benchmade being carried by far the most.

From top to bottom;

Ferrum Forge Falcon. Ti and S35VN steel, so nice.

Spyderco Delica 4 Emerson Opener. Great blade, and works good as a bottle opener as an added bonus.

Benchmade mini Griptilian combo edge. I love this thing, and carry it almost always.

ioQ8n80.jpg

Back