What’s you go to hobby store?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

What’s your favorite hobby store

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get all my new stuff from Amain assuming they have the part I'm looking for (which they usually do) or from local shops if I need something and I'm in the area of one. As for used stuff Ebay or personal transactions

I dont go to a local store ,but have if I was near by on other errand's ,my local is 25 miles away an
I dont get out in that area unless I have business there.
I get my parts direct from the Kyosho sight ,an the sights that you listed like all of the above
eccept the local hobby shop!.. :cool:

Mainly AMain, Jennys RC, 3DRC and Amazon.

Horizon Hobby and ebay at times. Sometimes I'll drive to Hobby Town or the local small business hobby shop/track near me if I want a part or paint right away.

Daves discount motors (DDM). And Detroit Performance. But I'm a 1/5th scale snob lol.

I order from amain alot. So I'm loyal to amain. I do have 3 local hobby shops so I go there if I need something right away. 1 if these shops is family owned and I am friends with the owner so I go there to talk and get stuff. He 3d prints peices too so if I need something printed he is my go to guy. I did order from Jenny's RC once and will if I need stock parts for cheap.

Tower Hobbies has coupon codes for 25% off a lot of items (excluding any of the Horizon brands of course). Like Castle, Hitec, Kyosho, Tamiya... all those brands (and more) qualify. So depending on what I am ordering, if I can put enough in my cart there that qualifies for the discount, that's where I shop. It makes no sense to buy any of the qualifying brands anywhere else. Otherwise, he who has the lowest price wins.

AMain usually has anything I need. Amazon has a lot of stuff that with my Prime account I can get fast and cheap. Locally I have a Hobbytown, but the staff is very anti-nitro and I witnessed a staff member talk someone out of buying a nitro (even though they do have a few in stock usually). I only use them now for paint or 3D printing supplies.

For vehicle purchases, I usually shop at Amain. For accessories I usually use Amazon. I shop around though, whoever can give me the best price and service.

I try to use my local hobby store whenever I can. If you don't support them, they will go away.

My local story is Nor-Cal Hobbies. They are actually on the HobbyTown network, meaning they are not a Hobby Town Branded store but they use the Hobby Town distributor or something? What I would really like is to order parts online (Hobby Town or Nor-Cal) and have them ship to store.

Also Amain and Hobby Town are related. I can log into either site with my Amain credentials. However, the Hobby Town doesn't show my Amain history.

Long story short is my money goes to the same place in the end, but I feel better supporting the locals that support me.

There is also Sheldon's Hobbies, but they don't usually have what I need and they are a bit clueless about surface vehicles.

My local Hobbytown still has limited supplies, so if they don't have somthing in stock I order it online, I can get it faster than they can.

My local Hobbytown still has limited supplies, so if they don't have somthing in stock I order it online, I can get it faster than they can.
The local places I've been to recently all seem to be back to normal. They don't have some of the more niche stuff like some Kyosho and CEN stuf but they have all the Traxxas and Arrma parts