Water and wire

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel C

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Hello everybody. So I'm adding lights to my mud slinger and I was wondering what's the best way to waterproof the light connections and battery connections. Any idea will be greatful. Thanks

I would just Plastidip it. Years ago, I ran my leds in water no problem on 9v. Some I had water proofed, others not. I even wired an led directly to my motor and had it submerged.

I agree with @Greywolf74 Liquid tape is quick and easy!
ca1a3480-06fd-45e7-8440-f6560a20449f_2.711c4c097c6da6593d804db7951b685a.jpeg

I would just Plastidip it. Years ago, I ran my leds in water no problem on 9v. Some I had water proofed, others not. I even wired an led directly to my motor and had it submerged.

I'm useing 3 volt lights i am running on a voltage regulator. The lights come out of a flash light. I'm useing them because there brighter then most lights and use a small percentage of power. So for the most part other then the voltage regulator you think I'll be good as is? How about the battery connections?

I'm useing 3 volt lights i am running on a voltage regulator. The lights come out of a flash light. I'm useing them because there brighter then most lights and use a small percentage of power. So for the most part other then the voltage regulator you think I'll be good as is? How about the battery connections?
If its a 2 pin led bulb, you should be. If its a specialty bulb I can't say. The connections may rust if steel, or oxidize if brass, or dull if aluminum. I'm not sure if marine grease or the like would work around the connector. I try to keep my conector up high, usually wrapped around a shocktower, the rest can get soaked.

If anything, I would try to find stainless steel connectors if they make them.

There is a site called ledwizzard for gussing the resister needed in led applications.

If its a 2 pin led bulb, you should be. If its a specialty bulb I can't say. The connections may rust if steel, or oxidize if brass, or dull if aluminum. I'm not sure if marine grease or the like would work around the connector. I try to keep my conector up high, usually wrapped around a shocktower, the rest can get soaked.

If anything, I would try to find stainless steel connectors if they make them.

There is a site called ledwizzard for gussing the resister needed in led applications.
Awsome I'll check that site thanks. Oh and I think it's a style of cob light. I think. Super bright that's for sure. Hey really thanks so much

Just cover all the bare spots with liquid tape. You can always remove the liquid tape later if need be. just my .02

Just cover all the bare spots with liquid tape. You can always remove the liquid tape later if need be. just my .02
Ok thanks I heard if that stuff. I'll give it a try.