Wat O.s. Engine??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawkbadass

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys i have a team losi xxx-nt and i want to buy a .15 o.s engine but there are so many types like slide carb and stuff. I just want to buy the best O.S.15 engine that will drop in to my car and give me the best rpm's and torque.

I know this might be hard to read, but if you notice, all the engines have the same HP and RPM ratings.
You might want to look at which have pull starters and which need a starter box.
Also which have slide or rotary carbs.
I hope this helps.

Manufacturer/Model O.S. CV .15 / O.S. CV-X .15 / O.S. Hyper 15 CV / O.S. Hyper 15 CV-X
Size .15 / .15 / .15 /.15
HP .68 @ 29000 rpm / .68 @ 29000 rpm /.68 @ 29000 rpm /.68 @ 29000 rpm
Bore 15.2mm / 15.2mm / 15 mm / 15 mm
Stroke 13.7mm / 13.7mm / 14 mm / 14 mm
Ports Not Available / Not Available / Not Available / Not Available
Weight 264 gm / 264 gm / 252 g / 292 g
Crank Not Available / Not Available / Not Available / Not Available
Contstruction Not Available / Not Available / Not Available / Not Available
Displacement 2.49 cc / 2.49 cc / .152 cu in / .152 cu in
Type On and Off Road / On and Off Road / On and Off Road / On and Off Road
Exhaust Side / Side / Side / Side
Carb Rotary / Rotary / Slide / Slide
RPM Range 3,000 - 30,000 / 3,000 - 30,000 / 3000 - 30000 / 3000 - 30000
Pull Starter? No / Yes / No / Yes

Est. Street Cost $90.00 / $140.00 / $140.00 / $180.00

Last edited:
You might want to check what will fit.

ok thanks alot but now i need to know wat will fit....lol

is there a o.s. website or a website to buy them for cheap if so post the link.

to run that 15 cvr dont i need one of their tuned pipes to run it or can i just put install tune it and run it???

You can use the stock pipe if you wish.
For more performance, you can switch to a better pipe later on.
One more thing that you have to look at it if your engine is a rear exhaust or side exhaust.
I beleive that the OS fits right into a XXX.
Just double check.

I had the xxx-nt RTR and I dropped a OS 15 cv-r(x) in it with the rotary carb. It took minimal effort as best as I remember. It was a very solid engine and lasted a long, long time. I got 7 gallons run through it before I traded the truck off.

Personally, I'd go with one of the new OS 18 cv-r(x)'s. It would drop right in as well. You can get a side exhaust, rotary carb, short shaft from tower for about $100.

I ran the stock header/pipe and it ran really well.

I think I had to have a standard shaft to use the stock flywheel/clutch stuff.

It's been about 3 years...

olds97_lss said:
I had the xxx-nt RTR and I dropped a OS 15 cv-r(x) in it with the rotary carb. It took minimal effort as best as I remember. It was a very solid engine and lasted a long, long time. I got 7 gallons run through it before I traded the truck off.
I had that same exact engine in my xxx-nt and i will also say that it was probably the most reliable engine I've ever had. It holds a tune so well and performs well also...

i have the cv-x it holds a tune great and is kinda strong for what I need it for, bashing

Didnt you say in your other post that you want to race this vehicle? I thought .12's were the highest you could go...

yah it was but then we got a new track were i live and they allow up to .16 now.

Buggyracer28 said:
I had that same exact engine in my xxx-nt and i will also say that it was probably the most reliable engine I've ever had. It holds a tune so well and performs well also...
Did you have to cut the threaded shaft for the engine to fit?
I bought an engineless Mugen MST-1 kit and just found out that when they say "standard shaft" they meant "removable threaded shaft" (probably like the MT-12, but I've never seen anything like this)

I really want to get an OS engine though, but it seems that I would have to cut the shaft.