wanting buy a new brushless car but want a crapload of power

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

440dart

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I've been in the nitro croud for awhile i just like the power of the cars, i want to try electric I've been looking at a slash 4x4 but i have no idea whats best all i know is i want insane power but something that wont drain the battery in 5 mins

If i got the slash can i upgrade the motor to something with alot more power and what is the cost???

Id say go with a BL Erevo with the Monster Mamba Maxx setup on 6s. super super powerful, and on a decent set of 3s lipo's (bridged to run 6s) you can get upwards of 30 - 40 minute runs.

Savage Flux HP hands down. More than you can handle from the factory. I'm getting 30-40 min runtime on 5000mah sky lipos which are not expensive at all

BOth of the above are a good choice and are basically running the same brushless setup. The HPI Savage Flux is running a re-badged Castle Creations Mamba Monster Max.

I have the castle creations sv2 esc. and a 5700kv motor and ti is pretty sick on the performance!!!! And I love the durablity of the slash trucks!!!! But the other picks are good to or even the brushless e-maxx!!!! anything can be upgraded to brushless!!!

Just about anything can be, but keep in mind that drive trains arnt always ready for that kind of power. Be prepared to do some gear and other upgrades. That instant torque can strip cheaper gears and shear other drive parts if your not careful. I have a castle SCT kit in the mail and lipos sitting on the table all going onto my Losi SCB, from what I've heard and seen this combo will make for a fun track and light basher vehicle.

BOth of the above are a good choice and are basically running the same brushless setup. The HPI Savage Flux is running a re-badged Castle Creations Mamba Monster Max.

thats true but if its the same why is the Flux doing double standing backflips and i can't find a single video of the Erevo doing it? I've done em with my Flux many times and have pulled a triple off a time or two

because thats two different vehicles. Look at the two vehicles, the revos center of gravity is far lower. With all that weight up top it's far easier to wheelie. Not sure of the wheelbase, as that can greatly effect also.

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Id put money on the revo if both had same motor and battery to run head to head simply because the revo is a racer, savage is a basher/go anywhere truck. Keep in mind I love my savage and do not own a traxxas of any sort, just stating that head to head in a race, doing back flips isn't going to get you anywhere any faster. If I personally were to buy one of the two, I'd buy the savage Flux because of durability and great power, but if I was looking for raw power and speed it would be the erevo.

i just extended my Flux over an inch and it still will pull one backflip with no problem, even on the beach with stock tires. its got to be in the drivetrain or something

i disagree with your last statement, the revo is def more race ready but power and speed wise i think it comes up short. the Flux HP is well over 14 lbs with batteries in it and still runs over 62 from the factory on stock gearing

and you're right backflips dont get you anywhere fast which is the biggest problem i have with mine, it will still flip at over 40 mph... guess i need to get the castle link and dial it down some to see what its capable of..on the phaltline tires at over half throttle if you try to squeeze the trigger more it starts torque steering to the right so bad you lose control over it. I've never squeezed full throttle except to do wheelies or flips, never gotten a full throttle speed run out of it, can't find enough room

Last edited:
Have you tried a slash 4x4 on 3s yet or just assuming their not fast? They run real well out of the box. Yes, you can have alot more power but I'm just saying they do run real well.

maybe the summit with a cc setup is an idea? some of them are crazy fast

dont the erevo's and the e-maxx and the savage flux have the same motor esc. setups???? it is a matter of gearing and weight ratio..

and think if you put the same motor from the erevo or the flux on a slash and it wouldnt handle it very well cause of the weight but if you could keap it strait it would be insane!!!! I want to try something like that next!!

Another vote for a VXL slash on 3s, they are a blast...your nitros don't have that kind of juice!

dont the erevo's and the e-maxx and the savage flux have the same motor esc. setups???? it is a matter of gearing and weight ratio..

and think if you put the same motor from the erevo or the flux on a slash and it wouldnt handle it very well cause of the weight but if you could keap it strait it would be insane!!!! I want to try something like that next!!

The ESC is definately a rebadged mamba monster but the motor i believe is made by HPI...

If you want to get one for cheap, the Team Associated T4.1 brushless is the way to go. It has so many goodies and it is very cheap. Also, the SC10 4x4 is pretty cheap. If you want faster than that, get the rs version.

Back