Wanting a SCT

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BsudRC

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
I'm looking to get a SCT (Kit preferably) or a good fun Basher to add to my stash lol. I have a hpi MT, TRX4 Crawler, 1/8 Tekno Desert Buggy. I don't race just basically have fun in the yard just bashing and Spinning around. Just trying to decide something Fun to Add. I had fun Building the Desert Buggy so I'd love to build another kit of some sort. Any suggestions?

So that Tekno looks like it comes with the motor and ESC, Wheels and Tires? Pretty much everything but Radio System is that correct?

https://www.amainhobbies.com/tekno-...c-4wd-short-course-truck-kit-tkr9500/p1527911

Needed To Drive:​

• 2 Channel radio/transmitter
  • Electric Speed Control
  • Brushless SCT motor
  • High torque steering servo
  • 2-4S LiPo battery
  • Compatible battery charger
  • SC tires, wheels (SCTE offset) & CA glue
  • SC body of your choice, paint for body
  • Hex tools (1.5, 2.0, 2.5mm), nut drivers (5.0, 5.5, 7.0, 8.0mm), pliers, and other tools

https://www.amainhobbies.com/tekno-...c-4wd-short-course-truck-kit-tkr9500/p1527911

Needed To Drive:​

• 2 Channel radio/transmitter
  • Electric Speed Control
  • Brushless SCT motor
  • High torque steering servo
  • 2-4S LiPo battery
  • Compatible battery charger
  • SC tires, wheels (SCTE offset) & CA glue
  • SC body of your choice, paint for body
  • Hex tools (1.5, 2.0, 2.5mm), nut drivers (5.0, 5.5, 7.0, 8.0mm), pliers, and other tools
Ok yeah that had me wondering when I saw the picks on tekno website with all that. I knew I never saw a kit come with any of that

I'm looking to get a SCT (Kit preferably) or a good fun Basher to add to my stash lol. I have a hpi MT, TRX4 Crawler, 1/8 Tekno Desert Buggy. I don't race just basically have fun in the yard just bashing and Spinning around. Just trying to decide something Fun to Add. I had fun Building the Desert Buggy so I'd love to build another kit of some sort. Any suggestions?
Can you show us the 1/8 Tekno desert buggy?

Can you show us the 1/8 Tekno desert buggy?
1644619446710.jpg

It's a 410.3 sct converted to a DB48

Tekno. Yes it's a kit, requires body paint tools electronics wheels and tires. You can find used Tekno sct410s on eBay or marketplace rtr (minus a rx/tx) for a decent price.
Losi/TLR SCTE is also a good route but there are no available parts for it anymore.
If you want a RTR I say AE SC10 pro 4 or Traxxas slash ultimate.

You silly goose. I have no doubts that you already know what your next SCT kit is gonna be.:celebrate:
And FierceRC has the best prices on Tekno.
Well I just haven't settled totally on a SCT though I really like that MT as well. Just not sure which I would have more fun with. To be honest I've only ran this DB48 one time in over a year and that was right after the build. My wife has gotten sick and I have to take care of her. That takes up biggest part of my time. But these hobbies keeps my mind occupied

Well I just haven't settled totally on a SCT though I really like that MT as well. Just not sure which I would have more fun with. To be honest I've only ran this DB48 one time in over a year and that was right after the build. My wife has gotten sick and I have to take care of her. That takes up biggest part of my time. But these hobbies keeps my mind occupied
Sorry to hear that dude. 🙏🙏

I am sad to hear this.
On a positive note, I feel like we just talked about this….. Tekno is the bees’ knees! I showed you my db48 and you seem like you want a truck so…… get another eb48 and make it an sct, get an sct410.3 (from @RustyUs because it’s basically virgin and the best price you will ever see…), or get the sct410 2.0!
Compared to anything I have , the Tekno is the Fastest, the most fun, and th least work! they won’t take $700 either
Shoooot….. build another db….. with a different cage!
Would you like to see another picture??

I am sad to hear this.
On a positive note, I feel like we just talked about this….. Tekno is the bees’ knees! I showed you my db48 and you seem like you want a truck so…… get another eb48 and make it an sct, get an sct410.3 (from @RustyUs because it’s basically virgin and the best price you will ever see…), or get the sct410 2.0!
Compared to anything I have , the Tekno is the Fastest, the most fun, and th least work! they won’t take $700 either
Shoooot….. build another db….. with a different cage!
Would you like to see another picture??
What makes a eb48 into a SCT? And to be honest I just posted in the electric rc forum about adding one more to my Arsenal. The only thing I don't have is an SCT so I'd love to have something like this if I could get one in a 1/8 scale. I already have 2 1/10ths and My DB48 is 1/8th. So another 1/8 would be great and that gives me a total of 4 all different vehicles.