Looking for another basher

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BsudRC

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
I've got a 1/8 Tekno DB48, A TRX4 Crawler, A hpi Bullet MT Flux... I'm looking for one more Basher to complete my arsenal. I like Tekno but I really don't want to put 700+ into another one. So What would be a good strong Basher I could Add preferably bigger 1/8 Since I have two 1/10ths and just one 1/8?

Are you looking for an RTR or another build? Arrma just came out with the new Big Rock and Kraton 6S.

ETA: Both of those trucks are $700 ish though.

Are you looking for an RTR or another build? Arrma just came out with the new Big Rock and Kraton 6S.

ETA: Both of those trucks are $700 ish though.
I'm good with either. RTR is going to be cheaper I think even though I had fun Building my Tekno.

Traxxas Sledge.
I like my Kraton a lot but I think my Sledge is a better all around truck. My Sledge sees the most mileage these days. It's the truck to the left.

My other recommendation is a Kraton BLX. Good performance for the price, fast too. Notorious is the best "Dumb a$$" truck I've ever owned, there a lot of fun.

Team Corally Kagama. This rig handles really well, jumps like a dream, and it's tough as nails. You also have the choice to get it as a roller or an RTR.

I've got a 1/8 Tekno DB48, A TRX4 Crawler, A hpi Bullet MT Flux... I'm looking for one more Basher to complete my arsenal. I like Tekno but I really don't want to put 700+ into another one. So What would be a good strong Basher I could Add preferably bigger 1/8 Since I have two 1/10ths and just one 1/8?
Most, if not all, quality 1/8 scale rigs are going to run you $700+

I'm good with either. RTR is going to be cheaper I think even though I had fun Building my Tekno.
Whats up bud. To be honest any RTR will need upgrades. Doesn't matter the manufacturer. RTR's are just mass produced cars/trucks with the cheapest parts and electronics available. To get them out and on the shelves.

They all are designed with breaking points. So the harder you bash the faster you will need to replace parts.

Depending on what your looking for. And how much bashing you plan on doing. You could build a bada*s basher. For about the same or little more then a RTR.

Since you will need to upgrade most electronics. Including the ESC and servos. Along with the A arms, hubs, shocks and Pinon/spur gears on a RTR.

@DavidB1126 listed a well rounded line up of RC's. That are all good bashers. But will all need upgrades. Depending on how hard you plan on driving it...

Whats up bud. To be honest any RTR will need upgrades. Doesn't matter the manufacturer. RTR's are just mass produced cars/trucks with the cheapest parts and electronics available. To get them out and on the shelves.

They all are designed with breaking points. So the harder you bash the faster you will need to replace parts.

Depending on what your looking for. And how much bashing you plan on doing. You could build a bada*s basher. For about the same or little more then a RTR.

Since you will need to upgrade most electronics. Including the ESC and servos. Along with the A arms, hubs, shocks and Pinon/spur gears on a RTR.

@DavidB1126 listed a well rounded line up of RC's. That are all good bashers. But will all need upgrades. Depending on how hard you plan on driving it...
@STONER RC That's why right now I'm leaning more toward another Tekno. Only thing is I would like another 1/8 but I don't want a Buggy since I've already got the DB48. I'm a Woods/Trail type guy. I'm in process now of Clearing out a nice patch of woods to Make a Trail/Track. It will have areas with jumps to open the throttle up but it will also just have a little bit of everything. Roots, Twigs, Rocks, Mud Holes, ect... So Just want one more for that type terrain to add to my other 3 cars. Once I add one more that gives me 4 different ones to have all the fun I need. I just want to make sure to get the best for my type terrain for my 4th and last vehicle.

@STONER RC That's why right now I'm leaning more toward another Tekno. Only thing is I would like another 1/8 but I don't want a Buggy since I've already got the DB48. I'm a Woods/Trail type guy. I'm in process now of Clearing out a nice patch of woods to Make a Trail/Track. It will have areas with jumps to open the throttle up but it will also just have a little bit of everything. Roots, Twigs, Rocks, Mud Holes, ect... So Just want one more for that type terrain to add to my other 3 cars. Once I add one more that gives me 4 different ones to have all the fun I need. I just want to make sure to get the best for my type terrain for my 4th and last vehicle.
The best type of RC would be one that you build. And build it for what you want to use it for. There isn't any "BEST" they all have faults. So I would say build your own for what you want it for. That would be the "BEST" rc for the money... to be honest sounds like you got a fun back yard bud. Happy bashing

The best type of RC would be one that you build. And build it for what you want to use it for. There isn't any "BEST" they all have faults. So I would say build your own for what you want it for. That would be the "BEST" rc for the money... to be honest sounds like you got a fun back yard bud. Happy bashing
Thanks, Are there anyway to build a Tekno 1/8th SCT or MT? If I'm right both of those are only 1/10th scales. If I could build either of those in 1/8th then yes I would have the "Best" for my type terrain!

Thanks, Are there anyway to build a Tekno 1/8th SCT or MT? If I'm right both of those are only 1/10th scales. If I could build either of those in 1/8th then yes I would have the "Best" for my type terrain!
Between 1/10 and 1/8 isn't that big of a difference. They are basically the same. And some manufacturers say their RC's are 1/8 but they are really 1/10. And vice-versa.

Take the Traxxas X-maxx. Traxxas says it's a 1/5 scale RC's. It's not, its much smaller then a true 1/5 scale.

It looks like a 1/10 scale truck compared to my Raminator which is a true 1/5 scale truck.

@STONER RC Well then in that case really only thing I don't have as far as something to build myself is a SCT. Just not sure if a SCT would be woods Trail type vehicle since those are more for racing. I mean if it's a good basher for my type terrains then that may be best way to go. I've got a MT so really don't need another one of those. Any ideas you know of?

@STONER RC Well then in that case really only thing I don't have as far as something to build myself is a SCT. Just not sure if a SCT would be woods Trail type vehicle since those are more for racing. I mean if it's a good basher for my type terrains then that may be best way to go. I've got a MT so really don't need another one of those. Any ideas you know of?
The only rigs that are going to be good rigs for trails and woods would be a scaler, crawler, or trail truck. Anything else I can think of is going to be too fast to run in the woods. If you limited the throttle input then you could make other trucks work possibly but you'd probably want something like a MT for the extra ground clearance. Just my :2cents:

The only rigs that are going to be good rigs for trails and woods would be a scaler, crawler, or trail truck. Anything else I can think of is going to be too fast to run in the woods. If you limited the throttle input then you could make other trucks work possibly but you'd probably want something like a MT for the extra ground clearance. Just my :2cents:
But when I say Trail/Woods the Track I'm building will be Dirt once it's Scraped it will have quite some long Stretches to open them up. The Track will just be through Some Trees not just wide open like a race track. The guy is coming Monday to look at clearing it out. I'm going to have several jumps in the straights. So this is not really what you'd say a Trail Truck type deal. It's basically going to be a track that just winds through the trees. So yes there will be a few roots and little stuff like that in spots but that's about it

But when I say Trail/Woods the Track I'm building will be Dirt once it's Scraped it will have quite some long Stretches to open them up. The Track will just be through Some Trees not just wide open like a race track. The guy is coming Monday to look at clearing it out. I'm going to have several jumps in the straights. So this is not really what you'd say a Trail Truck type deal. It's basically going to be a track that just winds through the trees. So yes there will be a few roots and little stuff like that in spots but that's about it
In that case you should be g2g with a SCT :thumbs-up:

In that case you should be g2g with a SCT :thumbs-up:
Thanks for all your input! I'm just trying to go with something little different than what I already have and I guess since I don't have a SCT that's probably about my best option.

Thanks for all your input! I'm just trying to go with something little different than what I already have and I guess since I don't have a SCT that's probably about my best option.
Good idea. I have never owned an SCT either, but would love to get one. Will be looking forward to seeing the new play area.

Good idea. I have never owned an SCT either, but would love to get one. Will be looking forward to seeing the new play area.
Yeah it's just a matter of getting it all cleared out. My friend does Clearing/Grading so he's supposed to come Monday and look at it. It's a spot about .25 of an acre. I could really open it up if I wanted to take down some bigger trees but that would cost me too much. If I can get all the underbrush taken out and all the leaves scraped up I will be in good shape. Only thing will be fall of the year clearing all the leaves away but that's what my backpack blower is for

Since you are going to take a look at SCT's, take a look at some desert racers also. They are very close to SCT's .
Two that are near the top is the Traxxas UDR and the Arrma Mojave. Not really considered bashers but would also be fun in a track environment.
Watch some videos of these cars floating over their terrain.

Back