Wanting a SCT

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The eb48 is a 1/10 sized 1/8 scale. Buggies always tend to run smaller.
To ”sct” your eb48 you just need the front shock tower from the sct, plus the body mount set, everything else, like the shocks, go back on. This is what I did and the suspension seems to be happy. I did not need sct body posts for my particular setup because I did something different but to mount a truck body that’s what you should do.
I’ll say it again though, @RustyUs has the sct410.3 for sale for a very good price if that’s what you want.

Now that I think about it, if you try to put a truck body on the buggy you could very well need both front and rear sct shock towers, I don’t know becaus I built a db48 not an sct48, know what I mean?

The eb48 is a 1/10 sized 1/8 scale. Buggies always tend to run smaller.
To ”sct” your eb48 you just need the front shock tower from the sct, plus the body mount set, everything else, like the shocks, go back on. This is what I did and the suspension seems to be happy. I did not need sct body posts for my particular setup because I did something different but to mount a truck body that’s what you should do.
I’ll say it again though, @RustyUs has the sct410.3 for sale for a very good price if that’s what you want.

Now that I think about it, if you try to put a truck body on the buggy you could very well need both front and rear sct shock towers, I don’t know becaus I built a db48 not an sct48, know what I mean?
Right that's what I done was bought the sct410.3 and built a DB48. Another thing to id thought about doing if I could. Was putting MT tires or SCT tires and a Truck body on my DB48. I like the DB48 don't get me wrong, I'm just not sure I like the crawler tires and the cage. I will say this more into the Woods Trails/Tracks. I'm in the process of clearing out a patch of woods to build an off-road Trail/Track. I've got the room where it will have a couple stretches to open the throttle with some jumps. But the track will wind through some woods.

Right that's what I done was bought the sct410.3 and built a DB48. Another thing to id thought about doing if I could. Was putting MT tires or SCT tires and a Truck body on my DB48. I like the DB48 don't get me wrong, I'm just not sure I like the crawler tires and the cage. I will say this more into the Woods Trails/Tracks. I'm in the process of clearing out a patch of woods to build an off-road Trail/Track. I've got the room where it will have a couple stretches to open the throttle with some jumps. But the track will wind through some woods.
That’s the db48 my friend, with the u4 kinda look, otherwise you just get the sct. ;) Don’t use crawler tires, they will just balloon. Get some 2.8 OG badlands for that wooded area and you can thank me later.
You want another vehicle anyway so get another sct (.3 or 2.0) and have both.
Right here my friend, if it’s just a dirt surface plus twigs, sticks, and grass, these will slaughter the land and won’t be too big, otherwise get some duratrax 2.8 something or others. They seem to be a bit tall (for me)
IMG_4971.jpeg

Last edited:
That’s the db48 my friend, with the u4 kinda look, otherwise you just get the sct. ;) Don’t use crawler tires, they will just balloon. Get some 2.8 OG badlands for that wooded area and you can thank me later.
You want another vehicle anyway so get another sct (.3 or 2.0) and have both.
Right here my friend, if it’s just a dirt surface plus twigs, sticks, and grass, these will slaughter the land and won’t be too big, otherwise get some duratrax 2.8 something or others. They seem to be a bit tall (for me)
View attachment 176181
Here is my DB48 and yes my tires look skinny compared to yours. I can't remember right off what these are I put on mine but pretty sure they are crawler tires. I think they are 1.9s wheels seems like tires are 2.2s

FB_IMG_1690638713570.jpg