Looking for another basher

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@STONER RC Well then in that case really only thing I don't have as far as something to build myself is a SCT. Just not sure if a SCT would be woods Trail type vehicle since those are more for racing. I mean if it's a good basher for my type terrains then that may be best way to go. I've got a MT so really don't need another one of those. Any ideas you know of?
Yeah I agree with the guys above☝️. Going with the SCT would be your best bet for that style of driven.

You could always modify the SCT. With longer shocks and slightly bigger tires. Since your not racing and only running laps and haven fun.

Build yourself a one off SCT that no one else has out. Can't wait to see the track good luck bud. 👍👍

Yeah I agree with the guys above☝️. Going with the SCT would be your best bet for that style of driven.

You could always modify the SCT. With longer shocks and slightly bigger tires. Since your not racing and only running laps and haven fun.

Build yourself a one off SCT that no one else has out. Can't wait to see the track good luck bud. 👍👍
Yeah I was just thinking about that earlier as well if I could put bigger tires on a SCT.

Yeah I was just thinking about that earlier as well if I could put bigger tires on a SCT.
Oh yeah for sure. You might have to cut the wheel wells out a little. But I can't see why you couldn't.

Could also throw some wheel extensions to help push the bigger tiers out a little further past the body. Could probably fit some 1/10 MT truck tiers on it..

Would be pretty sweet to see a lifted SCT ripping around. I'm all about the bashers and MT.

If it is going to be a fairly smooth track, I wouldn't bother putting much bigger than normal sized tires on it. It would change the way an SCT drives.

If it is going to be a fairly smooth track, I wouldn't bother putting much bigger than normal sized tires on it. It would change the way an SCT drives.
The guy I've got coming tomorrow has built and RC track before. He did tell me he could slick it up. But there will just be stuff like exposed roots from the Trees and some embedded Rocks that Stick up just above the Surface, but I think it would be cool to leave those alone just for obstacles and more things to Jump. But the bigger parts of the track just be smooth especially the Straights and Hills for Jumping. That's my plan anyway just won't know until he gets it cleared out. He has a Big Cutter on the front of his skid steer and it can Really chew some stuff up!!

Yeah it would but he's not going out racing. Plus he wouldn't need to go to much bigger of a tier. I was thinking like some old school 1/10 truck tiers. Like some RC10 tiers or some duratrax maximum. Like 2.8 tiers. Don't think anything bigger would work.
The guy I've got coming tomorrow has built and RC track before. He did tell me he could slick it up. But there will just be stuff like exposed roots from the Trees and some embedded Rocks that Stick up just above the Surface, but I think it would be cool to leave those alone just for obstacles and more things to Jump. But the bigger parts of the track just be smooth especially the Straights and Hills for Jumping. That's my plan anyway just won't know until he gets it cleared out. He has a Big Cutter on the front of his skid steer and it can Really chew some stuff up!!
Yea that sounds like some nice backyard fun rite there bud. I need to move back to Colorado or anywhere out side jersey. Haha

Yeah it would but he's not going out racing. Plus he wouldn't need to go to much bigger of a tier. I was thinking like some old school 1/10 truck tiers. Like some RC10 tiers or some duratrax maximum. Like 2.8 tiers. Don't think anything bigger would work.

Yea that sounds like some nice backyard fun rite there bud. I need to move back to Colorado or anywhere out side jersey. Haha
To be honest with you I'm starting to just lean more toward the Arrma Mojave 4s. Its RTR and bit cheaper. I'm just not really ready to put another 700-800 in one. I've already got the 3 and the Tekno I built already has about 850 bucks in it already. So I may just spend 500 and get that Mojave desert truck and call it good and have some fun! If I raced it would be different but just bashing around on a backyard Track the Mojave would suit me fine I believe

To be honest with you I'm starting to just lean more toward the Arrma Mojave 4s. Its RTR and bit cheaper. I'm just not really ready to put another 700-800 in one. I've already got the 3 and the Tekno I built already has about 850 bucks in it already. So I may just spend 500 and get that Mojave desert truck and call it good and have some fun! If I raced it would be different but just bashing around on a backyard Track the Mojave would suit me fine I believe
I have heard nothing but rave reviews about the durability of the Mojave. Really don't think you can go wrong with that one.

@WickedFog @STONER RC Got the Track layed out today, Still lots to do as for and the layout Tubing and things like that. Probably can't tell much from the pics but here are a few...
20231204_144709.jpg
20231204_141100.jpg
20231204_144702.jpg
20231204_141039.jpg

Looking great man! So jealous.
Thanks!
Holy Schnikes, that looks like a lot of fun, or a lot of fixing... depending on how you drive. :joyful:
The Trees are not really as much in play as you may think. The lanes are wider than they look in these pics. But I will know for sure if I fold the front end up on my cars LOL!

This corner here would be a lot of fun if you had a nice bank on it to keep some extra speed through the corner. Especially if the jump here is after the corner.
20231204_141039.jpg

This corner here would be a lot of fun if you had a nice bank on it to keep some extra speed through the corner. Especially if the jump here is after the corner.
View attachment 176379
Yes that Jump is coming of the corner. Only problem we had was robbing Dirt. There's so many roots under the Ground due to the Trees, we didn't want to dig too deep to expose the roots. And there's really no way to get dirt in there unless I use Like bags of top soil

XRT or Sledge or Maxx V2
Kraton or Outcast
Nothing from the big letter A retailer
I already Have a MT so not really looking for another one of those. I think I'm leaning toward the new Arrma Mojave 4s.

I already Have a MT so not really looking for another one of those. I think I'm leaning toward the new Arrma Mojave 4s.
Good call! You will not be disappointed with a desert racer! I am looking for a Moj6s myself.

Back