Dual 8s capable Infraction.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stopped following your builds til you let the boys get involved 😜

Just kidding. That thing looks sick man.
Crap, I forgot about the boys. I had a lot of trouble with stuff today. Guess I do need to bring in the A team.

So I put the boys to work making air guard for the front suspension. This big shield goes under the front suspension to keep air out of the body. And it’s kinda a front bumper also.

IMG_5482.jpeg

IMG_5480.jpeg

IMG_5484.jpeg

Got a pile of parts in yesterday and found I needed some more small parts to complete the roller.
I got metal differential housing. The inner housings are good with new gaskets and oil. 500k front and 15k rear.
I got the metal outside housings and they are really nice. For the price they are good. I worry about the quality of the metal but they seem ok. I do need to shim the differentials to get proper gear lash and Arrma does not make shims. But the Techno shims will work. I’ll get a pack tomorrow at the hobby shop $4.00
And I discovered I need to get metal sway bar mounts. The plastic ones are not really that strong. And I am really concerned about turning this thing .
I got all the lower ABC&D blocks installed and then discovered an upper in the front so I ordered that. But all the other metal parts showed up. Now I have a completely ridged backbone to support the power and the driveline.

I got the metal spring seats for the shocks and metal tops. 5000 weight oil and very stiff springs to support the additional motor combo.

I got metal hubs because they are really heavy duty with much larger inner bearings and an additional breaking on the rear. So three rear wheel bearing on each rear hub.

I managed to get all the screws in the chassis installed. That might not seem like a lot but there are so many layers of plates and parts I had to install all the screws and then tighten them all . Before removing a couple of them at a time to install components. Everything can shift if you have to much disassembled.

So next week I should be ready for tires and a body.

IMG_5548.jpeg

IMG_5535.jpeg

IMG_5534.jpeg