vintage rc10gt

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blown67

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
A guy I work with was cool enough to give me an old black tub rc10gt, it was in his basement for the last 12 years, it was pretty bad when I got it, but I tore it down, cleaned it, replaced a bunch of screws and made some steering linkage. The motor and pull start was seized so I took that apart too and the shaft was seized to the bearing, cleaned that up and worked for 3 or 4 pulls before the spring broke, so I just tossed it. Most of the ball ends are long gone and the cups have been drilled threw and bolted. I took the engine apart (dynamite .12) cleaned and reassembled, same with tranny and carb, hell to make a long story short, everything was gone threw, including the radio which the batteries sat in so long the acid destroyed the contacts, after minor soldering it was good, some nitro, new batteries and she ran, only for a few minutes when it warmed up the motor flamed out, barely any compression. I let my daughter handle the paint. Got a traaxs pro .15 that should be here tomorrow off ebay. Its a fun little project, Lots of little stuff to replace, ball cups, correct throttle linkage and such, anyone know of any place besides ebay to find parts for an old rc10gt ?

100_1232.JPG

100_1235.JPG

100_1237.JPG

100_1243.JPG

Welcome to RCNT.

It's always good to see these oldies restored. Nicely done. I hope it gets you DEEP into a great hobby. Hang in there, I'm sure you'll get plenty of good leads on parts.

I've been out of the hobby for many years, the last car I owned I bought brand new, a gold tub rc10 road car.....

There are quite a few of us here who started out with the early Tamiyas.
Grasshoppers, Frogs, Midnight Pumpkins. I wish I still had mine.

some of the newer rc10gt parts can work because i had a black tub gt and i was restoring that and i had a parts gt that i used alot of parts from but you can find parts on other fourms there is always somebody sell them old rc10gt trucks

check ebay my older brother a few months back gave me on just like that

Back