Everest 10 getting the business

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey hey what about the redcat tho....
shes next on the upgrade list.
shes been on back burner as i got heavy into the ecto,
I'm having trouble finding a motor that will fit tho, I'm not looking for speed lol, ( i mentioned somewhere else i wanted to make her go faster, nah i want crawl power)
i have a list of a few items i wanna get

Full Metal Transmission Assembled Gearbox with Steel Gear Set Compatible with Axial SCX10 I II 1/10 RC Crawler Upgrade Parts,Half Open Shell​

I'm stuttering on a motor. it has to be under 50 mm long, the suspension links limit the motor size and i dont know how to move any of those parts.
20240407_000925.jpg

holmes hobbies has a few choices at a glance as they have a chart showing the lengths
46.4CrawlMaster Magnum Stubby
47.0Ten Shooter Stubby
49.0Revolver 540-L Classic
the revolver would be the tightest fit allegedly.
they all have good reviews and such i really like the foc on the quickrun, but they are all too big, so they arent an option. i was talking to @WickedFog about outrunner motors and like the idea, but then my water running is cut out. my son and i cannot abide that so outrunners wont work unless theres a waterproof one.
since i can't do the moto/esc combo gotta get an esc right?

HOBBYWING QUICRUN 880 ESC, Waterproof ESC for Dual Brushed Motors​

i wanna play with the gears on frankenstein truck so I'm throwing this in the cart as well, may need it for the redcat

5-Pack Steel 48P Pinion Gear Sets 14T 15T 16T 17T 18T with Screws for 3.175mm (1/8-Inch) Shaft 1/10 RC Car Brushless Brush Motor​

Shock Absorber Damper 130mm Oil Adjustable Alloy Aluminum for RC Car 1/10 Crawler Truck Upgraded Hop-Up Parts HPI HSP Traxxas Losi Axial Tamiya Redcat Himoto Losi(Silver)​

not going crazy on the shocks as of yet, the dezert lizards were basically 75 bucks. trying to budget this one a little easier on the pocket. and honestly i can't tell much difference between the lizards and the factory ecto shocks, feel like for me so far that was primarily a cosmetic purchase

4Pcs Alloy 12mm Wheel Hex Hub 20mm Offset Extension Hex Drive Adapter Combiner Coupler for 1/10 RC Crawler Axial Scx10 90046 Jeep Wrangler Everest 10 CC01 D90 2wd Slash(Black,20mm)​

throwing some hub extenders on to help with the stance a little, id like to find some that were a little longer to be honestly....

HobbyStar HCS-4521 High-Torque Digital Waterproof Crawler Servo, RC Truck, 1/10, 1/8​

just getting the one servo for the front for now, will be upgrading the back servo as well later,

i got some new tires for it but i like em better for the ecto so I'm gonna order another set for the cat lol

Hobbypark RC 1.9 Crawler Tires 4.7 Inch 120mm Outer Diameter for Axial SCX10 II III Traxxas TRX4 Redcat Gen 8 Gen7 RC4WD RC Rock Climbing Tyres Foam Inserts, 4pcs​

i know they arent the fancy proline tires, but I'm not at a fancy competition for prizes and such either lol, they feel decently grippy, not as soft as my prolines, not at all. but still feel like they will be pretty nice their substantially larger which i like as well

Hobbypark RC 1.9 Crawler Tires 4.7 Inch 120mm Outer Diameter for Axial SCX10 II III Traxxas TRX4 Redcat Gen 8 Gen7 RC4WD RC Rock Climbing Tyres Foam Inserts, 4pcs​

ill be putting the tires on the rc4wd wagon wheel beadlocks i already have as that set of rims already has weights on them so it will help the stability.
i ordered a set of injora weighted rims for the ecto and more wheel weights to add to that set as well, so both trucks will have a good amount of weight up front down low,

back to the motor issue, I'm hoping one of you guys has an idea or 4 for what will fit the under 50mm, waterproof,slow crawl motor limitations.

20240407_000918(4).jpg

hey hey what about the redcat tho....
shes next on the upgrade list.
shes been on back burner as i got heavy into the ecto,
I'm having trouble finding a motor that will fit tho, I'm not looking for speed lol, ( i mentioned somewhere else i wanted to make her go faster, nah i want crawl power)
i have a list of a few items i wanna get

Full Metal Transmission Assembled Gearbox with Steel Gear Set Compatible with Axial SCX10 I II 1/10 RC Crawler Upgrade Parts,Half Open Shell​

I'm stuttering on a motor. it has to be under 50 mm long, the suspension links limit the motor size and i dont know how to move any of those parts.View attachment 187407

holmes hobbies has a few choices at a glance as they have a chart showing the lengths
46.4CrawlMaster Magnum Stubby
47.0Ten Shooter Stubby
49.0Revolver 540-L Classic
the revolver would be the tightest fit allegedly.
they all have good reviews and such i really like the foc on the quickrun, but they are all too big, so they arent an option. i was talking to @WickedFog about outrunner motors and like the idea, but then my water running is cut out. my son and i cannot abide that so outrunners wont work unless theres a waterproof one.
since i can't do the moto/esc combo gotta get an esc right?

HOBBYWING QUICRUN 880 ESC, Waterproof ESC for Dual Brushed Motors​

i wanna play with the gears on frankenstein truck so I'm throwing this in the cart as well, may need it for the redcat

5-Pack Steel 48P Pinion Gear Sets 14T 15T 16T 17T 18T with Screws for 3.175mm (1/8-Inch) Shaft 1/10 RC Car Brushless Brush Motor​

Shock Absorber Damper 130mm Oil Adjustable Alloy Aluminum for RC Car 1/10 Crawler Truck Upgraded Hop-Up Parts HPI HSP Traxxas Losi Axial Tamiya Redcat Himoto Losi(Silver)​

not going crazy on the shocks as of yet, the dezert lizards were basically 75 bucks. trying to budget this one a little easier on the pocket. and honestly i can't tell much difference between the lizards and the factory ecto shocks, feel like for me so far that was primarily a cosmetic purchase

4Pcs Alloy 12mm Wheel Hex Hub 20mm Offset Extension Hex Drive Adapter Combiner Coupler for 1/10 RC Crawler Axial Scx10 90046 Jeep Wrangler Everest 10 CC01 D90 2wd Slash(Black,20mm)​

throwing some hub extenders on to help with the stance a little, id like to find some that were a little longer to be honestly....

HobbyStar HCS-4521 High-Torque Digital Waterproof Crawler Servo, RC Truck, 1/10, 1/8​

just getting the one servo for the front for now, will be upgrading the back servo as well later,

i got some new tires for it but i like em better for the ecto so I'm gonna order another set for the cat lol

i know they arent the fancy proline tires, but I'm not at a fancy competition for prizes and such either lol, they feel decently grippy, not as soft as my prolines, not at all. but still feel like they will be pretty nice their substantially larger which i like as well

ill be putting the tires on the rc4wd wagon wheel beadlocks i already have as that set of rims already has weights on them so it will help the stability.
i ordered a set of injora weighted rims for the ecto and more wheel weights to add to that set as well, so both trucks will have a good amount of weight up front down low,

back to the motor issue, I'm hoping one of you guys has an idea or 4 for what will fit the under 50mm, waterproof,slow crawl motor limitations.

View attachment 187408
Brushless motors are waterproof. They will all run under water just fine. I've never owned an outrunner, except for my drone motors, so I don't know if they're any different. But I would assume they are perfectly fine with water too? A quick call to Holmes would verify that.

You'd just have to make sure the motor diameter will fit as well. That one looks really close to the chassis. Any rocks get in there and it's game over for an outrunner.

Brushless motors are waterproof. They will all run under water just fine. I've never owned an outrunner, except for my drone motors, so I don't know if they're any different. But I would assume they are perfectly fine with water too? A quick call to Holmes would verify that.

You'd just have to make sure the motor diameter will fit as well. That one looks really close to the chassis. Any rocks get in there and it's game over for an outrunner.
i shot a messege to holmes hobbies explaining the situation with size limits and a video hoping they get back to me, going to send same email to a few others to see if i can narrow down my motor search, I've been told a factory axial motor will fit snugly

Axial 35T Electric Motor, AXIC2398 is the one another guy used​

but I'm sketched about it as I've never heard of someone upgrading the performance of their crawler by putting a factory motor in....

factory motor size
Length: 2.3" or 58.4mm
Width: 1.4" or 35.56mm
Height: 1.4" or 35.56mm

QUICRUN Fusion SE (2-in-1 FOC system)​

Diameter / Length of Motor36mm / 58.1mm
the quickrun is .45mm too wide, will that make it a deal breaker? I'm not able to find specifically a 3558 motor sadly, I'm probably not looking in the right places tho

factory motor size
Length: 2.3" or 58.4mm
Width: 1.4" or 35.56mm
Height: 1.4" or 35.56mm

QUICRUN Fusion SE (2-in-1 FOC system)​

Diameter / Length of Motor36mm / 58.1mm
the quickrun is .45mm too wide, will that make it a deal breaker? I'm not able to find specifically a 3558 motor sadly, I'm probably not looking in the right places tho
.45mm is only .017". About the thickness of 4 sheets of paper.

So if 2 sheets of paper will fit between your motor and chassis, it should be fine.

.45mm is only .017". About the thickness of 4 sheets of paper.

So if 2 sheets of paper will fit between your motor and chassis, it should be fine.
ill see if it will hold pls
negative, a single sheet wont fit sadly
so the width has to be smaller or exact, same with the length because of the steering link, they really limited the motor upgradeability with this model

ill see if it will hold pls
negative, a single sheet wont fit sadly
so the width has to be smaller or exact, same with the length because of the steering link, they really limited the motor upgradeability with this model
So it won't fit between the chassis and motor? Or between the link and the motor?

redcat over here feeling so ignored... lol
i got her a set of 2.2 wheels on the way as well with better tires, in the meantime, i am cutting up the factory tires to get a better tread pattern.
here she is going up the buttcrack of doom, this was before i wiped the butt, its a lot more difficult now. and after the larger tires may not be doable for the cat. we will see tho

Back