Vintage Kyosho

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl M

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
A friend of mine gave me an Optima that he got from an old neihbor. I'm trying to decide whether to get it into running condition or sell it. The body is spray painted over the outside but the car, itself, looks to be in good condition. How much of a beating will these things take before I am hunting for parts. I am assuming that I can put a modern motor and esc in it without too much problem.

If it's the chain driven 4WD, not much at all. The front C-hubs will shatter fairly easy, as they are the weakest points on the car. That, and the spur gear will strip easy. You're better off setting it up as a shelf queen.

I would either restore it as a shelf queen or throw it up on ebay as is. You should get a decent chunk of change for it.

I would either restore it as a shelf queen or throw it up on ebay as is. You should get a decent chunk of change for it.

What would be considered as a decent chunk?

Depends on the model, condition, and rarity. Offhand, from your description, I'd say in RTR form, it'd be good for about $150 or so. Your ebay mileage may vary, however.

Back