Vintage 1/8th Scale Nitro Buggies

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalieracer

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
So I was doing some house cleaning and found a couple of like new classics and wanted to see if anyone had an idea of their value. I know they are impossible to find and almost no info is available .

1. Kyosho Turbo Burns - Like new but missing the motor mounts, body and wing and pinion, but I have a feeling those are easy to replace or make.

2. Mugen Supersport , complete with new body and wing. I have the manual and it has a NOVA Rossi .21 motor. Just needs a new set of tires as the oe ones are dried and cracked. Like new.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Leo

I've seen a couple of the turbo burns go for around $250 on ebay and other places but I've also seen some that were 100% brand new and in original box go for around $500 and if u need parts u can go to: http://www.landjump.net/burns.html and contact them for parts

So I was doing some house cleaning and found a couple of like new classics and wanted to see if anyone had an idea of their value. I know they are impossible to find and almost no info is available .

1. Kyosho Turbo Burns - Like new but missing the motor mounts, body and wing and pinion, but I have a feeling those are easy to replace or make.

2. Mugen Supersport , complete with new body and wing. I have the manual and it has a NOVA Rossi .21 motor. Just needs a new set of tires as the oe ones are dried and cracked. Like new.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Leo

post up some pix.

I have a burns too but mine is some what. COmplete with the exeption that I have added a few things I'm also thinking of selling it I'll post some pics too If u allow me since I
don't mean to hijack your thread

Pics

Here are some pics of the Turbo Burns and Super Sport

Attachments

• DSCN0568.jpg
    DSCN0568.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0013.jpg
    IMG_0013.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 122
Wow, look at that old ass air filter. WOW.

Wow, look at that old ass air filter. WOW.

haha.... I know its cira 1991! The car was built. maybe run once and then sat until I go my hands on it... It's a Mugen Super Sport! hehe

I have a burns too but mine is some what. COmplete with the exeption that I have added a few things I'm also thinking of selling it I'll post some pics too If u allow me since I
don't mean to hijack your thread

Post away sir...

Well, I can't help, but it's cool to see those old rigs. The shocks on the first one are so small, and the friggen engine is on backwards on the second one!

You have two time machines!!

That is for sure. A couple pieces of history there. The Burns was perhaps one of the first popular 8th scale buggies that made 8th scale buggies a racer. The Mugen was perhaps a groundbreaker in the sense that it was a rival to the burns, and one of mugens' first serious attempts at title runs.

Either way, look at the fuel tank placement - that alone is historical. You don't see many 8th scales with the tank at the radiobox location.

Wow those are two collectibles for sure. It's a good thing you have them, because I certainly wouldn't be able to sell something like that, and would have to give up more space in the hobby room. I would replace any parts that are used or worn if you can find the parts, clean them up in tip top as new condition, and sit on them for about 10 more years. No telling what they will be worth. I don't think I could justify selling a piece of history like that for $250, but I'm also the guy that had to put up shelves in my bedroom because I couldn't fit 16 RC's in my hobby room and have room to work and store parts lol.

I didn't know that 1/8 scale racing went back that far, thanks for posting the thread. It's VERY educational for guys like me that are fairly new to the hobby. So you would say these are from around 1990?

Wow those are two collectibles for sure. It's a good thing you have them, because I certainly wouldn't be able to sell something like that, and would have to give up more space in the hobby room. I would replace any parts that are used or worn if you can find the parts, clean them up in tip top as new condition, and sit on them for about 10 more years. No telling what they will be worth. I don't think I could justify selling a piece of history like that for $250, but I'm also the guy that had to put up shelves in my bedroom because I couldn't fit 16 RC's in my hobby room and have room to work and store parts lol.

I didn't know that 1/8 scale racing went back that far, thanks for posting the thread. It's VERY educational for guys like me that are fairly new to the hobby. So you would say these are from around 1990?

I had to sell the Burns as I don't have space or the will to restore it. I have the Mugen up on e-bay. I am sorry to say I don't have room for the cars anymore. :-(

The burns is from 1990 and Super Sport is 1991 (World Champion)

Back