Vaterra RC

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BamaFan

ROLL TIDE!!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Do any of you guys know anything about this particular brand. My LHS carries them and parts for them. I was looking at buying this particular model to do some drifting in my buddies basement. He has a whole drift track set up and I was looking at getting my own drift car. I have been using his for a while but I figure it's getting about time to get my own. I attached a link to the one I'm looking at purchasing. It matches my everyday driver except mine is black. :)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vaterra-1-1...pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item25963bec90

That is a 1/10 scale car, he must have a huge basement! My son has the Vaterra Corvette, we have only run it a handful of times so far. Out of the box it is not bad at all, not a rocket by any means, but still a fun car. We have just purchased a new 5000mah 2s lipo for it, as the stock esc can only do 2s, and he is only 10, but we haven't got out to our favorite lot yet to give it a spin with the new pack. The bodies are extremely detailed, and so far the car itself seems to be holding up well. We are very happy with it so far.

It's not huge it's a three car garage. That's what he drifts is 1/10 scale. This will only be used for drifting indoors. I've got other batteries and stuff I can run in it too. I've got plenty of outside rcs. It's fun especially on a rainy day or something.

I've got their offroad Twin Hammers and Ascender. Both are tough as nails and lots of fun.

The Vaterra brand is ok but its not going to be nearly as upgradable as a dedicated drift kit. I ended up buying a Yokomo Drift Plus Clone (wish I would have bought the real thing as some of the clone parts look fairly cheap but its supposed to be like 90% compatible with the Yokomo Drift Plus so if I have problems with those parts hopefully I can get the original Yokomo parts. If you dont care about being able to do alot of drifting upgrades/mods then it will probably work fine.

Yeah that kit is almost $400 without motor ESC batteries etc. I'm not that big into drifting lol. I was trying to stay under $300 for everything since I will only be running in a few basements. The one thing I do enjoy about drifting is you rarely tear up or break anything.

Yeah, I just mention the other cuz I know how I am, Once I start doing something its never long before I want to start doing every mod and hop up I can find :)

The Vettara will probably work just fine for you.

It's also a shaft drive which is lower maintenance than a belt drive and you can run it on a smooth surface without worrying about small pebbles getting stuck in the drive belts.

Vettara makes good rc's. They came up around they same time Losi went strictly to TLR and dropped a lot of rc's from their product line.

Thanks guys. I'm going to order the mustang body vaterra. I like it.

Back