Vantage Carbon fiber pipes

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Got Nitro?

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Alright I've been looking at these pipes and I've gotten into a debate with rabidzoomer about the pipes melting,Does real carbon fiber melt on these pipes,I would think that if a company sells a product that melts that they wouldn't sell it,so are vantage pipes real carbo fiber? or are they imiation crap? somebody chime in on this for me.

I have been using a Vantage Carbon Fiber pipe on my RS4 for almost a year now if not more. To say the truth, they don’t melt. On the other hand you do not want to chip the tip of the pipe… it does look like carbon fiber, feels like it too… I am no expert in carbon fiber but I would have to say it is carbon fiber from all the characteristics of carbon fiber that i know of.
On the inside though it feels weird, it somehow feels like fiberglass, long stripes of something...

my 2 cents

you can see the welded line that was grinded down like every pipe....plus there is no way you can fasten that mount on uless with a connector..

under that much heat, it would melt since it is direct heat. I've seen a mellted carbon fiber hood on a 1:1 drag car..it was a 98 grand prix GTP so it was supercharged...the supercharger was so close after 3 passes the hood melted enough to see the S/C..
LET THE GAMES BEGIN GOT NITRO?.... lol...lets see what every one thinks...p.s. to all: we aren't fighting....were friends and all but we are just trying to see what is more logical

I used one for a while on my Serpent 710 touring car with nova based engines (stock and modified 3 port turbos). I never had a problem with them melting. Racing my car for extended mains (20 mins and more at one shot) with temps averaging 255-270 degrees, there was never a problem. The only reason it was retired to the "back up bin" was because of the performance. It didn't give me the performance I needed on certain track layouts.

What I did like about it was it's durability and ability to withstand brushes with barriers and other cars. No dents or dings made it better since a dimple will alter the shape and have an affect on regular aluminum pipes. Cracking is another story. In a hard hit, it's gone ...

I've been using a Vantage for a while now, they don't melt. They are great pipes IMO.

I also said there's a possiblity of a carbon fiber cover on the metal,the part where i got confused is the melting issue,White brothers,They make Pipes for MX riders and those don't melt,why would these be any differnt.

No it's only a coupler for the header and fuel line. I have a friend that is a Vantage dealer. It would be very difficult to make the pipe completely out of CF.

cf can lay down like fiberglass....it pretty much is just strong fiber glass that is lighter....id say they made it out of metal and then put a cover over it to make it look pretty...i think got nitro agrees with that

To answer the question, yes, Vantage pipes are made from real carbon fiber. The hood on the 1:1 that rabid refers to probably melted because the SC got super, super hot and stayed that hot. Nitro engines do get hot, but don't tend to stay hot enough for a long enough amount of time to melt.

rabidzoomer said:
my 2 cents

you can see the welded line that was grinded down like every pipe....plus there is no way you can fasten that mount on uless with a connector..

under that much heat, it would melt since it is direct heat. I've seen a mellted carbon fiber hood on a 1:1 drag car..
Contrary to what you may think you said, you did say it would melt. BTW, aircraft brakes are made of carbon fiber, while they do not appear the same with the weave pattern they are made of layers of carbon fiber material that are heated under extreme temperatures to make the packs. They are very light and able to withstand very extreme temps.

well they can't be made out of pure carbon fiber since you heat up carbon fiber to mold it...so i think it would bubble or melt under direct heat like that.

Do you think they would put a CF pad on a plane if it would melt or bubble? what are you retarded?

My brothers Vantage stinger melted because he was too stupid to notice over about a 2-3 month period that his body was touching his fricking pipe, melting it. It could just be that it sawed away at it from the body moving, but it was just sitting on the pipe :shrug: :ponder: :ahem:

Last edited:
i don't know if anyone else here is familar with atvs but i race a yfz 450 and i have a yosimarua carbon fiber pipe on it as most fourstrokes do) so, carbon fiber does not melt. but that vantage does not appear to be real carbon fiber. if it was was it would be shiner, u would not be able to see to seprate parts, and u can see the weld joint

madfastbanshee405 said:
i don't know if anyone else here is familar with atvs but i race a yfz 450 and i have a yosimarua carbon fiber pipe on it as most fourstrokes do) so, carbon fiber does not melt. but that vantage does not appear to be real carbon fiber. if it was was it would be shiner, u would not be able to see to seprate parts, and u can see the weld joint

That's what been saying,but as far as i know the inside is AL do to packing material and oil.

CF doesn't melt, but it will burn. CF is woven fibers, like woven hairs. The vantage pipe I'm pretty sure is Real Carbon fiber. (Hense the prices and weight). I do see the split line on this pipe but my guess would be that its the split mark from where it starts to taper.

They are Real CF, The pipe in that picture is a dry look pipe (they either media blast it or used a chemical that eats away at the surface giving it a Flat look) , They also have or had a wet look more what people are used to.

I am guessing the weld joint is just were the 2 parts were connected, It is more cost effective to make the pipe in 2 parts and join them later.

they coudn't of really molded it like that...if you have ever seen fiber glass or donw any fiberglass work you would know all of the fibers would burn AKA the drag car i was talking about....all carbon fiber does not come out as that shiny either. It comes out to be as shiny as fiberglass unpainted....but still a little shiny...so there is no way the entire thing is carbon fiber...i say its a cover of carbon fiber IF and i say again IF that...

case closed

lol... Ya ever hear of them clear coating carbon fiber?? If they didnt, it would be all rough, and you could feel all the stuff woven together. (Like a rug) My guess on why your buddies hood melted was that it didnt have a heat cured clear coat on it and was a cheaper CF hood. I've seen CF hoods on ALOT of cars and had no problems.
If your that worried about it, why dont you contact Vantage?

Back