Unable to set the throttle linkage to fully close and open

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gandalfnz

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I relation to my thread https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/what-is-the-make-of-this-nitro-car.133299/

I have just received a new HSP VX18 engine, which is a straight bolt on fit. Carbs are also indentical rotary types, with the old one being fully metal, seems like the only difference.

Want to restore this bad boy, but am having a nightmare setting up the throttle linkage to fully close and open. I think I tried every combination under the sun, but maybe am missing something?

Its either not fully opening or fully closing.

Radio gear is Futaba T3PRKA.

Could it be that servos don't have enough reach, or what am I missing here?

Many thanks for your support.

Please see this video attached, which shows the issues I am experiencing.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuKPb81w0u47mU_XqPQxWmNJheFK?e=88dnxq

Looks like you need to try a longer servo arm and from there you can fine tune by using your end point adjustments on your TX.

Looks like you need to try a longer servo arm and from there you can fine tune by using your end point adjustments on your TX.
Thanks for your help.

Any recommendations?

I have Nitro Rustler linkage on its way, hopefully it does the trick.

It looks there still have a lot of room to adjust. I would loosen both stoppers first. Put the brake on and close the throttle, then tighten the stopper further away from the second horn. Then put it to full throttle and then adjust the stopper closer to the servo horn. The video shows when braking, the throttle is closed and have a lot of room from the spring.

Thank you all

Problem has been fixed with a longer servo arm.

Now onto breaking it in!

Back