trx 3.3....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amiaudio

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
woohoo i got my 3.3 in today all i need is my pipe and header which will be in in a few days and I'm all set to break it in and se what all the fus is about.....i can't wait......figured i would share that with u guys.....

Is revo 3.3 still qualifies as 1/10 scale?

well i finally got up early this morning and i broke in my 3.3. after that i headed to the local track to run and all i have to say is WOW!!!! this motor is a force to be reckoned with, i couldnt get it past half throttle cuz i still have stock tires and they kept ballooning up and the truck would just spin out.a friend of mine has a set of bowties or crime fighters on wheels he is gonna loan me tomorrow so i can get some traction and ill post back then with the results.

greyhound - the size of the engine does not dictate the scale of the model. a 1:1 car with a 4 banger and a 1:1 car with an aluminum V10 are still both 1:1 cars. the 1:10 scale monster trucks, which are the same size as a 1:8 scale buggy, really, are that scale because they are 10 times smaller than their real life counterparts. a buggy is naturally smaller than a monster truck, hence the "larger" scale. and, the revo 3.3 isnt really any bigger in size than the normal revo... a few mm, but thats hogwash as far as the scale measurements, as not all monster trucks are the same size anyway. good day.

Greyhound said:
Is revo 3.3 still qualifies as 1/10 scale?

Well... it's still considered a small block I think... I think if a truck has a "real" big block in it without requiring special engine mounts, then it's 1/8th scale. Unless it's a really big engine... or really big vehicle. I think some of the 1/5th scales use normal big block engines.

I think he's talking about the extended chassis. The new Revo 3.3's cahssis I think is 30mm longer than the 2.5R revo.

EDIT: I think they also use the wider A arms on the 3.3 as well, but i could be wrong on that.

I am new to this, but I bought a 3.3 tmaxx and got through the 1st tank and a half for the break in and had to take it back because I couldn't get it started again LHS spent more than a hour to try themselves and no luck. They are going to continue for one more hour tonight. I told them I would rather they swap it out with a new one. QUESTION I have been reading these forums and want to know should I spend another 100 and get the revo 3.3 while I have the chance. I think they will do that but need help to decide. I do want to start beefing what I get up and heard that the revo is a better start for a newbie HELP PLEASE

Personally, the revo with RPM arms, aluminum shock ends and P2 rockers is waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy tougher than my old 2.5 maxx ever was. All I do is bash and I love the thing. My poor savage sits second on the the shelf so far...

I'd say yes. If it's an option, do it. All the 3.3 maxx is is a "upgraded" first draft.

I have a 2.5R revo, but I'm sure I'll get that 3.3 when the 2.5 dies.

Can I ask where you got your 3.3 and pipe?? As I blew up my 2.5 today. Aslo, did your 3.3 come with the carb?? Newbie question...

i did the erp with traxxas and yes it does. gp tp the traxxas site for all the details on wha to and not to snd or u can call them.

kevind95 said:
I am new to this, but I bought a 3.3 tmaxx and got through the 1st tank and a half for the break in and had to take it back because I couldn't get it started again LHS spent more than a hour to try themselves and no luck. They are going to continue for one more hour tonight. I told them I would rather they swap it out with a new one. QUESTION I have been reading these forums and want to know should I spend another 100 and get the revo 3.3 while I have the chance. I think they will do that but need help to decide. I do want to start beefing what I get up and heard that the revo is a better start for a newbie HELP PLEASE

Well how do I say this with out offending the T/Emaxx crowd....

I own a Revo, Tmaxx and plus a Emaxx. All I got to say is working on a T/Emaxx is a huge PITA!! Those phillip screws blows huge chunks. The Revo comes stock with hex screws and it's very easy to work on, exspecialy if you buy some nice hex drivers. I've had really good luck bashing both trucks but some people has had bad luck with the stock Tmaxx bulks.

Best of luck either way you go
Ray

Back