Traxxas X-Maxx vs Traxxas XRT

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the new thing, Luke. Someone says something, another person disagrees so they manipulate the words and say you said something completely different. He must be a "news reporter" (I almost wrote "Journalist" but they do not exist any more). Fake News at its finest right here in the forum LOL!!!
Lol!
So you are comparing Traxxas nimh to lipo and you claim based on your experience with nimh, Traxxas lipo are garbage. But you don't have first hand experience?
Did I ever say that JUST lipos are garbage? I said that ALL of there batteries are garbage with there stupid connectors and the way that they make your truck drive. The key word here is ALL of there batteries are GARBAGE. I have not recommended Lectron Pro lipos. Sure, I use them, but I have never recommended them to someone on the forum. I don’t get how you could fly off the handles about RC CAR BATTERIES let alone at a kid. Plus, my “quote” was literally just saying WHAT I USE. No where in that thread did I say that you should use them over other batteries. It was literally just A FRICKEN LIST OF WHAT IS IN THE TRUCK. Why don’t you understand that? It’s simple as that. So, let’s just drop the subject and get this thread back on track. I can’t believe I have to be the adult in this.
Thanx for the reply...yea I haven't had any issues with my XMAXX except tires getting out of balance witch I suspect is due to sand build up. I'll probably just go to Velcro straps on my XRT to get rid of the problem
Sorry for derailing the convo!

Last edited:
Lol!

Did I ever say that JUST lipos are garbage? I said that ALL of there batteries are garbage with there stupid connectors and the way that they make your truck drive. The key word here is ALL of there batteries are GARBAGE. I have not recommended Lectron Pro lipos. Sure, I use them, but I have never recommended them to someone on the forum. I don’t get how you could fly off the handles about RC CAR BATTERIES let alone at a kid. Plus, my “quote” was literally just saying WHAT I USE. No where in that thread did I say that you should use them over other batteries. It was literally just A FRICKEN LIST OF WHAT IS IN THE TRUCK. Why don’t you understand that? It’s simple as that. So, let’s just drop the subject and get this thread back on track. I can’t believe I have to be the adult in this.

Sorry for derailing the convo!
But how can you claim that Traxxas lipo batteries are garbage if you never used them? You are just spreading false information based on your bias, not first hand experience.

I have used g force, hobbyking batteries, chnl, liperior, smc, lectron pro, venom, power hobby, Amazon specials, protek, Orion, reedy, performa racing and Traxxas.

Traxxas batteries are way better than lectron, venom, power hobby, Amazon cheapos. Protek likes to puff, Orion puffs like a balloon, garbage, hobbyking has good stuff but it seems they are going out of business, chnl good experience, they make some very high end lipos, smc more or less good, some like to Puff, liperior my favorite but they are odd size and don't fit all cars. For racing on a budget chnl is the way to go, money no object reedy, decent value performa racing.

My opinions are based on my own first hand experience, not just baseless claims.

But how can you claim that Traxxas lipo batteries are garbage if you never used them? You are just spreading false information based on your bias, not first hand experience.

I have used g force, hobbyking batteries, chnl, liperior, smc, lectron pro, venom, power hobby, Amazon specials, protek, Orion, reedy, performa racing and Traxxas.

Traxxas batteries are way better than lectron, venom, power hobby, Amazon cheapos. Protek likes to puff, Orion puffs like a balloon, garbage, hobbyking has good stuff but it seems they are going out of business, chnl good experience, they make some very high end lipos, smc more or less good, some like to Puff, liperior my favorite but they are odd size and don't fit all cars. For racing on a budget chnl is the way to go, money no object reedy, decent value performa racing.

My opinions are based on my own first hand experience, not just baseless claims.
Did you not see my other post? I have tried traxxas lipos and they are trash. I sold them after 5 uses

Did you not see my other post? I have tried traxxas lipos and they are trash. I sold them after 5 uses
Good for you, I am glad that you like your upgrade, lectron instead of Traxxas garbage. Enjoy ridiculous voltage sag!

I have both rigs and I agree on the xmaxx being easier. I already put velcro straps on my xrt and never looked back

I looked into getting both of these vehicles. But I decided against it and went with the Sledge.

Thanks! Yeah, I already have the Maxx. So I thought why not get the big brother. But I’m glad I didn’t!

I don't have the normal maxx but I love my XMAXX I'm sure the original one is a blast as well

I got the Kraton 6s first...and ended up getting a sledge because I wanted to compare the two directly. ...after doing so....I'd say there about even....each one is better and worse than the other in there own ways but I'm very pleased with both
That’s cool. Yeah, it is. Mine has all aluminum parts.
Nice....the wonderful world of upgrades...lol...that's what it's all about...I'm still running my ARMMA felony on full stock configuration...and it's awesome I can't wait to start upgrading
That’s cool. Yeah, it is. Mine has all aluminum parts.
The first upgrades going on the sledge are motor fan and steering servo....I don't think it needs more than that

Last edited:
I seem to stick with Traxxas and Losi. I have 3 micros from Losi. And yeah. My damn RC’s are money pits!! I’m also a car chick and have a Yamaha Raptor. :)

Nice!! I'm a Yamaha person as well....WR450F
I'm a losi fan too I have a pair of there 1/10 no prep drag cars

Also 3 losi mega trucks...bog hog, king sling and grave digger
Cool! I have a 2021 Yamaha Raptor 700r Special Edition. I love it!
Very nice!
Also 3 losi mega trucks...bog hog, king sling and grave digger

Very nice!
I'm in the market for a quad....have been considering a raptor...PROS -CONS...??In your opinion??
I bought my Yamaha WR brand new in 2006 so it's well worn in but still runs n rides like new. I'm a loyal Yamaha lover

Last edited:
I seem to stick with Traxxas and Losi. I have 3 micros from Losi. And yeah. My damn RC’s are money pits!! I’m also a car chick and have a Yamaha Raptor. :)
I have 4 Traxxas cars 5 losi and 2 armma

I found this hilarious because smc puts out better performing lipos than every other company you listed. 😂

I found this hilarious because smc puts out better performing lipos than every other company you listed. 😂
I agree that smc makes very good batteries. I am not going to claim who makes the best, I only mentioned batteries that I had good experiences and bad. Smc definitely good, I do have one smc that has bad cell and puffed but it's way too old and abused.

Back