Traxxas X-Maxx vs Traxxas XRT

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airslither1982

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
I'm Just curious...does anyone else find it more difficult to put batteries into the XRT compared to the XMAXX? I have them both and "IN MY OPINION" the design of the battery compartments on the on the XMAXX is far better and a lot easier to get batt packs in and out of than the XRT. the hinges on my XRT's battery compartments always seem to be much too tight against the battery wires causing them to be pinched in order to properly lock the batteries in place. aside from being inconvenient I'm afraid of it causing damage to the batteries over time. So I'm wondering if this problem is unique to my model... perhaps a factory defect? Or if anyone else has noticed it with there's as well...and if so had any advice on how to effectively deal with this issue?

I am using traxxas batteries in my XRT and they fit fine.

The traxxas batteries are garbage.
I find them to be decent, just not worth the price TRX charges for them. There's much better to be had for the money. Same for Spektrum. It's like going to the car stealership for tires.. I'd never go to a Chevy or Ford dealer for them..🤷‍♂️

The traxxas batteries are garbage.
There is nothing wrong with Traxxas batteries. They perform very well even in high demanding applications like erevo 2.0 and UDR. I am not sure about older ones ,but new ones don't puff. I have left some batteries inside the car when hot, couple other batteries puffed but Traxxas didn't.

Honestly they are expensive but some other premium brands are even more expensive. I never bought new Traxxas batteries, I got a bunch of the with used rc cars that I bought, but good thing is lifetime warranty, so actually next week I will replace 2 2s Traxxas batteries and get new one for half a price, 25$ a piece.

It's funny, you claim that Traxxas batteries are the worst, but you recommend electron pro, that are actually the worst batteries on the market and even more expensive than traxxas

There is nothing wrong with Traxxas batteries. They perform very well even in high demanding applications like erevo 2.0 and UDR. I am not sure about older ones ,but new ones don't puff. I have left some batteries inside the car when hot, couple other batteries puffed but Traxxas didn't.

Honestly they are expensive but some other premium brands are even more expensive. I never bought new Traxxas batteries, I got a bunch of the with used rc cars that I bought, but good thing is lifetime warranty, so actually next week I will replace 2 2s Traxxas batteries and get new one for half a price, 25$ a piece.

It's funny, you claim that Traxxas batteries are the worst, but you recommend electron pro, that are actually the worst batteries on the market and even more expensive than traxxas
I always forget about the battery warranties and electronics trade in stuff. Thanks for the reminder 👍 I don't have any TRX batteries myself, but my bro has a bag full..
We run mostly stock stuff, the TRX and Spektrum batteries do well. We have a crap ton of 6s 1/8 truggies, E Revo's, Sludge, Kraton, Mojo, Talion.. both brands of batteries have held up well. I have mostly amazon batteries.. you know, all the brand names that make zero sense in english!?🤣🤣🤷‍♂️

I always forget about the battery warranties and electronics trade in stuff. Thanks for the reminder 👍 I don't have any TRX batteries myself, but my bro has a bag full..
We run mostly stock stuff, the TRX and Spektrum batteries do well. We have a crap ton of 6s 1/8 truggies, E Revo's, Sludge, Kraton, Mojo, Talion.. both brands of batteries have held up well. I have mostly amazon batteries.. you know, all the brand names that make zero sense in english!?🤣🤣🤷‍♂️
Honestly, I would never pay 280$ plus tax for 2 4s batteries for xMaxx. I paid for my used xMaxx not much more, 450$ :).

But if I had couple Traxxas cars, buying one 2s for 50$ or one 3s for 70$ it's not the end of the world.

Honestly, I would never pay 280$ plus tax for 2 4s batteries for xMaxx. I paid for my used xMaxx not much more, 450$ :).

But if I had couple Traxxas cars, buying one 2s for 50$ or one 3s for 70$ it's not the end of the world.
$50 for one 2s or $25 for 2? That's what I get hung up by.. shoot I bought 2, 3s 5500 80c Sypom batts from amazon for $37 a year ago. They're holding up great too. I get it though, the cheap batteries never hold up as long.
My brother picked up an Xmaxx like 2 years ago, along with the TRX batteries and charger. I was like no way, I'll never pay a thousand bucks for an rc!! Then he left the X at my house, with batteries and permission to use it.. what a jerk!!
So, I now have one as well..🤣🤣
However, I bought 2 CNHL 6200's, 100c for $50 a piece. The TRX 6700's are $150 each, yes, he gets between 5 and 10 minutes more run time. They may last longer over their life cycle, but definitely not triple.. to each their own 🤷‍♂️🍻

Where did I ever recommend lectron pro batteries? I would like a link please. Sure I have some, but they are all my hobby shop supplies and I have the 4s version which is really good but I have heard that the 2s ones are garbage. I have never recommended Lectron Pro batteries.

To the OP, sorry for derailing.. my brother and I both have Xmaxx's but no XRT experience. He uses the TRX 6700's with latches, I hacked my chassis up on day one, removed latches and used straps with the CNHL's.. both have been easy peasy to install and remove batteries from. I did have a battery fall out once, one strap was undone, the other still closed.. I suspect I may have left a strap undone since it wasn't broken🤪😬🤣

Can you tell me when I recommended Lectron Pro batteries?

To the OP, sorry for derailing.. my brother and I both have Xmaxx's but no XRT experience. He uses the TRX 6700's with latches, I hacked my chassis up on day one, removed latches and used straps with the CNHL's.. both have been easy peasy to install and remove batteries from. I did have a battery fall out once, one strap was undone, the other still closed.. I suspect I may have left a strap undone since it wasn't broken🤪😬🤣
Thanx for the reply...yea I haven't had any issues with my XMAXX except tires getting out of balance witch I suspect is due to sand build up. I'll probably just go to Velcro straps on my XRT to get rid of the problem

Can you tell me when I recommended Lectron Pro batteries?
I will post some pictures of my traxxas rustler 4x4 build. Here are the upgrades:
HW Max 10 g2 2400kv combo
Common sense Lectron Pro 14.8v 5200mAh 50c.

Your quote

I will post some pictures of my traxxas rustler 4x4 build. Here are the upgrades:
HW Max 10 g2 2400kv combo
Common sense Lectron Pro 14.8v 5200mAh 50c.

Your quote
That's not recommending them?? That's just saying what I am using on the truck. I didn't say that they are the best lipos out there. They are just what I use.

That's not recommending them?? That's just saying what I am using on the truck. I didn't say that they are the best lipos out there. They are just what I use.
If you used both Traxxas and electron pro, than I don't understand how you can claim that Traxxas batteries are garbage.

Traxxas batteries are not the best on the market but they perform well. Lectron is definitely the worst on the market. It's not good for anything than a crawler

If you used both Traxxas and electron pro, than I don't understand how you can claim that Traxxas batteries are garbage.

Traxxas batteries are not the best on the market but they perform well. Lectron is definitely the worst on the market. It's not good for anything than a crawler
But the fact of the matter is that I didn't recommend them. Traxxas batteries are garbage. Ask anyone on the forum. I don't use traxxas batteries anymore and when I did it was the fricken NiMH battery that came with my Traxxas rustler and I didn't have enough money to get a different battery.

But the fact of the matter is that I didn't recommend them. Traxxas batteries are garbage. Ask anyone on the forum. I don't use traxxas batteries anymore and when I did it was the fricken NiMH battery that came with my Traxxas rustler and I didn't have enough money to get a different battery.
So you are comparing Traxxas nimh to lipo and you claim based on your experience with nimh, Traxxas lipo are garbage. But you don't have first hand experience?

I've spoken my .02 on the TRX batts. I did buy a set of 2s "Kero" brand batteries from amazon once.. 4500mah 25c..$8 for the pair!? What? I gotta try em🤪
Well, I put them into a TC Kronos XTR with TC 6s combo, now, I run this thing on 4s most of the time, so, why not? Let's just say I'm lucky I didn't have a fire, LOL. I've never had lipos get so hot before!!😂😂 One has a dead cell now, the other "seems" okay.. maybe I can use it in my bandit? Didn't think of that..

That's the new thing, Luke. Someone says something, another person disagrees so they manipulate the words and say you said something completely different. He must be a "news reporter" (I almost wrote "Journalist" but they do not exist any more). Fake News at its finest right here in the forum LOL!!!

Back