Traxxas tqi no throttle

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok thanks for that! Will try get a new receiver! Thanks again for all y'all help!

Ok thanks for that! Will try get a new receiver! Thanks again for all y'all help!
Its possible that it could be a bad TX also but generally its the RXs that go bad, not the TXs. Unless maybe you drop the TX or something.

At 14 years old, I remember it was hard to buy things I wanted. I was fortunate to have a father with a woodshop, and I could work out there to make some quick cash. He never did anything in the winter though, so shoveling snow was something my friend and I did. I made enough one winter to buy enough parts to build a BMX from a Diamonback frame I traded a friend for. I bought all the remaining parts from a bike shop that sold Diamondbacks. Fun times being a kid. Man, I loved that bike lol. Enjoy it kiddo.

I have also been fortunate with great friends here who helped my son and I with RC stuff. PM me your name and address along with what receiver you need, and I will order you one. That way, at least if that isn't the problem, you won't be out anything.

Or better yet, I can grab you a radio and receiver. You can get a Dumbo RC radio for less than that receiver more than likely. And they are good radios. If you're just wanting something to stick in it to sell it, that is the way I would go.

Last edited:
I had exact problem once with my Traxxas TQI Hoss.
I can not remember exactly how it happened, but I had steering but no motor forward or back. I had the "TSM" turned all the way (down or up, do not remember.) I turned the "TSM" to 50% and then had motor control... not good control, but some control.

I had been using the two red buttons on the transmitter and going through all that "blink 7 times then press "set" kind of stuff trying to adjust 'throttle.' Maybe I made a wrong adjustment.

BUT, I went through and set everything to the original settings. Then it was all fine again :)

Does your ESC have a 'training mode' that limits throttle to 50% ? Maybe when you try to 'calibrate' the throttle, the ESC has to be in a certain mode. If so, it is probably in the instructions somewhere (hard to find.) Mine has normal / race / training modes.

Back