Traxxas tqi no throttle

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buhlerryan10

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey there! I have a problem with my Traxxas stampede 4x4 vxl it has steering but no throttle I have been running it with a EZRUN WP-SC8 esc for a while. I used the Traxxas transmitter on my ecx and now switched it back but now I have no throttle but still have steering I tryed recalibrateing it but have no luck in getting the calibration to work. When I calibrate the neutral and the throttle and etc theres no green lights. I'm just woundering if any one had this problem before and how to Resolve this? Thanks alot!

Hey there! I have a problem with my Traxxas stampede 4x4 vxl it has steering but no throttle I have been running it with a EZRUN WP-SC8 esc for a while. I used the Traxxas transmitter on my ecx and now switched it back but now I have no throttle but still have steering I tryed recalibrateing it but have no luck in getting the calibration to work. When I calibrate the neutral and the throttle and etc theres no green lights. I'm just woundering if any one had this problem before and how to Resolve this? Thanks alot!
Welcome did you rebind the reciver and controller since you were running another rc with it????

use recalibrate procedure. can't see 2nd post. Might be duplicating it

use recalibrate procedure. can't see 2nd post. Might be duplicating it
Hey there I have recalibrated the reciver and transmitter. And have tryed to recalibrate the esc but the esc is not flashing green when a command has been done. I have tryed all differnt ways for 3hours but still no luck. Thanks!

Hey there I have recalibrated the reciver and transmitter. And have tryed to recalibrate the esc but the esc is not flashing green when a command has been done. I have tryed all differnt ways for 3hours but still no luck. Thanks!
Didn't say calibrate. You need to BIND the controller to the reciver. It's completely different then calibration

Didn't say calibrate. You need to BIND the controller to the reciver. It's completely different then calibration
Hey there I have Binded the transmitter to receiver but still nothing.

Hey there I have Binded the transmitter to receiver but still nothing.
Now that's weird. Did you bind it before calibration? I would unplug everything and start over. First bind it then calibration. Did you try working the other rc again. To see if it was actually working?

Now that's weird. Did you bind it before calibration? I would unplug everything and start over. First bind it then calibration. Did you try working the other rc again. To see if it was actually working?
Hey there thanks for the reply I have done binding it before calibration and still no The thing thats getting me is that I tested it on the other again and same problem doesn't work but only steering. Thanks!

Have you tried a factory reset of the ESC? Cables plugged in correctly?

Is your throttle trim set to neutral when you turn on the ESC and calibrate? If not, the ESC will go into failsafe and not do anything.

Last edited:
Hey there thanks for the reply I have done binding it before calibration and still no The thing thats getting me is that I tested it on the other again and same problem doesn't work but only steering. Thanks!
Did you reset the controller?? If not here's a video on how to reset it for which RC you have bud...

Did you reset the controller?? If not here's a video on how to reset it for which RC you have bud...

Thanks! I have tryed all of the above for a half hour and still nothing I searched up lots of vids from traxxas but just can't get it to calibrate I connected my plane transmitter to it and it calibrated but not the way I wanted. So I think its still the traxxas transmitters problem?

Assuming that you're doing the calibration process correctly then the problem would have to be either with the radio/receiver or the ESC itself.

Assuming that you're doing the calibration process correctly then the problem would have to be either with the radio/receiver or the ESC itself.
Yeah thanks Its definitely the receiver or the transmitter its just hard what to do next I reset the transmitter and rebinded the reciver to the transmitter what do I do next? Do I need to calibrate the transmitter or somthing?

I second this 👆
Thanks for the opinion guys! Its just that I would like to get the transmitter working for I know it worked when I used it on my other rc. And I'm 14 and dont have to much money. And wanna get the truck working so i could sell it and down grade to a less powerful truck and not be shreeding up drive shafts all the time!😂 do you think I need to calibrate the transmitter or somthing?

Thanks for the opinion guys! Its just that I would like to get the transmitter working for I know it worked when I used it on my other rc. And I'm 14 and dont have to much money. And wanna get the truck working so i could sell it and down grade to a less powerful truck and not be shreeding up drive shafts all the time!😂 do you think I need to calibrate the transmitter or somthing?
Never had a radio that had a calibration for just the Tx if that is what you are asking. If you are sure you have followed the procedures exactly, then you possibly either have a bad Tx or Rx. Did you accidentally plug the esc cable into the Rx backwards at some point? Maybe it fried the Rx if you did. Been there, done that.

Sorry to ask whats a tx and a rx?
I possibly could of fried it!

TX = Transmitter and RX = receiver.

Theres a binding procedure to make sure the TX is bound to the RX. Make sure you do that first.

Then Try the re-calibration process after that for the ESC.

If that still doesn't work and you're sure you are doing the proceedure correctly then youve either got a bad RX or a bad ESC. Id start with a new reciver cuz its the cheapest option.

Back