traxxas summit tires on savage xl

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jato'd

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am thinking about getting a savage xl and wanted to put some summit wheels on it. I heard they were really unstable at high speeds. Is this true?

i have summit tires and rims on my flux the only thing you need to do is on the summit rim hex it has a splined hex take a dremell and cut the tips off to make it a regular 17mm hex they look great because the summit tires are taller and wider your savage will handle better

i get mu flux up to 52mph with no problems with the tires,in fact i can take a corner at half throttle without rolling over can't do that with hpi tires they are to narrow trust me go to e bay get the canyon tire and rim set for the summit you will love it id send u a pic of mine but I'm moveing and the camra is packed but e mail me at [email protected] and ill send it to u i dont no how to put my pic on this post yet

done

hear is my flux with traxxas summit rims and tires

if anyone whants to see this pic e mail me at [email protected]
for some reason it wont show on this post

The Summit tire ARE very soft, especially the sidewalls. I'm sure they'll do the job, however you can expect a fair amount of steering sensitivity loss.

I'm sure the only reason you can crank the steering at half throttle is because it takes 50' for the truck to turn around. Those tires are way to soft. Lots of drag, too. Better keep an eye on your temps.

Thanks everybody...is there anyway I could put some beadlocks on the revo 5309 wheels?