Traxxas Live ID charger plug-in issues

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wrencher65

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have a three month old Traxxas Dual ID Live charger and it is difficut most times to plug in my Traxxas batteries. I have two other Traxxas chargers that don't have any connect problems. There doesn't appear to be any physical charger abnormalities and it isn't getting any easier with use. The batteries will charge when I can seat them. I don't want to modify anything, as that could introduce other problems. Anyone else with the same issues? Hate to send it in, but I don't want to overreact that the charger may fail down the road. Thanks

Id call traxxas and file a warranty claim.or make or buy and traxxas id extension plug

....not to be that guy, but traxxas chargers and batteries are junk, i moved away from them cuz of the same issue, every charger i went through crapped out within 6 months or so. plus mine also gave up trying to charge non traxxas batteries. they're cheaply made and they try to sell them for an arm and a leg. Mike Jenkins is off his rocker with some of the prices of traxxas electronics.

Yep. That's Traxxas for ya
Upgrade battery and charger. You'll be better in the long run and you'll save money. Ditch Traxxas electronics.
....not to be that guy, but traxxas chargers and batteries are junk, i moved away from them cuz of the same issue, every charger i went through crapped out within 6 months or so. plus mine also gave up trying to charge non traxxas batteries. they're cheaply made and they try to sell them for an arm and a leg. Mike Jenkins is off his rocker with some of the prices of traxxas electronics.
100% agree

To me, a big part of Traxxas' price is their willingness to replace it.

You already paid for the new one, so send it in.