Traxxas id connector

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leyla1989

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
I was just wondering after watching all the videos on YouTube about snipping the id connector on the esc to put an Xt90 or deans plug on will void your traxxas warranty .

Is it not possible to just leave it on there the id connector and get hold of an opposite connector and make a short adapter to the plug of your choice .

I also read traxxas don’t actually sell the other connector but surely if you just get hold of a knackered battery you can cut the id connector off make an adaptor and keep your warranty so you can run your own lipos

Any thoughts ?

I was just wondering after watching all the videos on YouTube about snipping the id connector on the esc to put an Xt90 or deans plug on will void your traxxas warranty .

Is it not possible to just leave it on there the id connector and get hold of an opposite connector and make a short adapter to the plug of your choice .

I also read traxxas don’t actually sell the other connector but surely if you just get hold of a knackered battery you can cut the id connector off make an adaptor and keep your warranty so you can run your own lipos

Any thoughts ?
Adding adapters adds resistance and takes up more room but if your not pushing your rigs electronics to the max and room isnt an issue then its definitely doable.

I have an overlander 11.1v 3cell lipo from 2010 , this is why I quit the hobby !

when I think the esc went on the rustler vxl. It just tipped me over the edge .

Would you bin the battery while it’s so old or is there any way to test it safely I don’t wanna risk blowing anything up or the charger and saying this maybe the lipo could of killed my rustler ? I have a multimeter and a charger

Could a knackered lipo kill a charger

I’m not experienced in this sort of stuff

Or should I just cut my losses and bin it without testing it

test with vom meter. you can remove traxxas id but warranty is then voided. xt90 is way to go with heat shrink tube

I have an overlander 11.1v 3cell lipo from 2010 , this is why I quit the hobby !

when I think the esc went on the rustler vxl. It just tipped me over the edge .

Would you bin the battery while it’s so old or is there any way to test it safely I don’t wanna risk blowing anything up or the charger and saying this maybe the lipo could of killed my rustler ? I have a multimeter and a charger
Does your charger measure IRs? The only way to know the relative health of a LiPo is by the IRs. If your current charger doesn't measure IRs then Id suggesting getting a new one. Something like the HOTA D6 Pro is a good place to start. Id guess the LiPo probably has pretty high IRs. I had some LiPos once that had very low usage on them that sat for about 8 years once. When I finally got them out and went to use them they were usable but had pretty high IRs just from sitting. Id probably retire it myself and buy a new LiPo unless you can measure the IRs on your charger.

Could a knackered lipo kill a charger
I wouldnt say its impossible but its probably not likely. Traxxas electronics are known to be cheap and unreliable. People often have traxxas electronics go bad on them within a short period of time.

I had some LiPos once that had very low usage on them that sat for about 8 years once. When I finally got them out and went to use them they were usable but had pretty high IRs just from sitting. Id probably retire it myself and buy a new LiPo unless you can measure the IRs on your charger.
Recently I had been checking the IRs after fully balancing my lipos and after storage charging. One of my Hoovo batteries was reading 1.0 on both cells after charging which is really good. But I checked it right after charging it soo.

I wouldnt say its impossible but its probably not likely. Traxxas electronics are known to be cheap and unreliable. People often have traxxas electronics go bad on them within a short period of time.
I have a Traxxas Ezpeak single. I used it alot in my early RC days but now I rarely use it because I need to charge at more than 4 amps and doesn't have settings that I like. Still works tho.

Any thoughts ?
You can buy connector that goes on esc side, but not for batteries.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxa...aguKe51ulBXcC3TMfp-mwwWdoljOzEpIaAvOsEALw_wcB

You can buy an adapter, they work decent. I almost never run any adapters, not just because of more resistance, but during jumps they can unplug

Back