Traxxas HC Vs. Deans

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flm_savage

Hardcore RCTalk User
Supporter
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have been a deans fan for as long as i can remember but to be honest with you, i am impressed with the traxxas hc plugs that came on my 1/16 slash. They are easier to connect and disconnect, seem to have great surface area on the blades and don't require heat shrink.

Does anyone have some hard data or real life info on these plugs? I am going to convert everything to one plug and i was planning on deans but these really don't seem bad IMO.

Talk to me sweets. :hehe:

I ran them on my 1/16 vxl Revo with absolutely no problems, never got hot (even on 4s) and never came apart....but I have so many packs and adapters for the deans that it would cost too much to change over. I just made a Traxxas to deans adapter to charge the packs with the traxxas plugs.

i just got back into the game and have the trx ones installed on my slash. if its all the same, i will just leave them as is and throw a trx on my charger and be done with it.

From what I understand they are just as good as Dean's as far as handling current and temperature. Certainly easier to dissassemble. The only downside IMO is they are considerably more bulky.

I was kinda in the same boat, my electrics started w/ 1/10 slash and now I have a MERV, 2 BL Slash's, BL Rusty, and a boat all with TRX connectors and I have never had a problen accept for the occasional bad soldering job by me:) As far as bulky I will admit it's kind of a pain with the MERV when you get the series connector in there with all the other wires but It works.

Last edited:
I can deal with bulky. Looks like trx it is for me. Thanks fellas

Thanks for asking flm! Good info here,thanks guys :thumup: Looks like I'll also stick with the trx since that's what I have already including an adapter for my charger.

I'm with Smaxxin, I just made a pigtail adapter to charge with.

Also interesting to note, if you buy a Traxxas vehicle new, if you cut any of the wires to install other connectors, your warranty is now void.

TRX HC for me too. They are just easier to pull apart