traxxas e-maxx help!!!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonytmiller

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have a traxxas e-maxx truck, this is what i have replaced. I got a new receiver 2215 3 channel, (thats what it had in it when i got it) blue crystals, a new transmitter traxxas TQ (top qualifier) 27mhz am digital proportional two channel radio system, a new steering servo traxxas 2075 water proof, it has a traxxas throttle cable servo 2018, traxxas 14.4v evx speed control 3014, 2- titan monster 550 motors,2-new 6c 1500mah power cell batteries. I also have another receiver that was given to me with the remote it is a traxxas 2015 b.e.c two channel. ok now my problem is when i hook everything up it does not work right. the throttle cable moves but the truck does not move. I hooked the evx wires in the battery slot on the receiver and the servos in the others. When i hook the evx in the channel 1 spot it takes off. my # is 931-296-3088 if someone can help i would be forever thankful. I am new at this but would love to get this going for my son. Thanks:):):):):):)

looking at my emaxx you want your shifting servo in channel 3 and you esc in channel 2 ( because the esc is your throttle) and your steering in channel 1. the only time it is different i think is if you are using nitro.. This will make a diff. let me know how your son loves the maxx..

what is the bat slot for on the receiver? do i need the 2218 b.e.c receiver or can i use the 2215 receiver like what was in it?

the battery slot is for use with nitro's electric is setup just alittle different.. it is the same for all my electrics and I have a few different receivers through out all the electrics... its because your esc. is the main brain in the electric. seriously try this plug in setup and I garentee you will get her running right!!!
I have the 2215 in my maxx and I have the 2.4gh in my slash and i can't think of which ones in the rusty and bandit but all are the same plug setup..

Last edited:
you only have a two channel Tx, so the shifting servo wont work. Just plug in steering channel 1, esc channel 2 you`ll have to lock your gears in 2nd gear otherwise it'll slide out and strip some teeth.

Back