Found old TA 18t, need help to get it to run

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwiftStorm

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, I found an older Team Associated 18t that was gently used in storage. It was in original box with charger. Battery wasn't hooked up and is not leaking or swollen. Radio didn't have any batteries. I bought new batteries for the radio, and tried to charge the battery. Problem, is the charger always has the RED led on when plugged in. When I plug it into the car I can hear the servo move and see the wheels turn to the right slightly. The radio doesn't seem to do anything. No steering or throttle.

Any ideas?

20230724_183740.jpg

I would charge the battery until the light goes out but keep a eye on it so it doesn't get hot.

Thanks. I charged the battery for at least 5 hours a couple days ago and the light never went out. plugged it in for another 45 today, and the light stayed on. I did get it to run though. I scuffed the terminals in the radio. They looked clean, but I guess not. Now, when going forward only it makes a clicking noise. Need to work on that.

Back