Tmaxx 2.5r help!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bsimz97

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, so I recently just got a Tmaxx 2.5r, is what I was told it is, and it needed a new pull starter, he gave me one(shape for the crank is like a circle with two flat sides) but it doesn’t spin the crank, then I noticed that the shape for the crank on the motor is a hexagon nut. Any help at all would be great, I’m 10000% new to this and have never owned one or even driven one. Not sure if it even is really a 2.5r or anything, I just need to know what pull starter to order or what other piece I need to make it run.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome in, if you post some pics somebody will help you out..

Welcome to RCT!

Sounds like he gave you a pull-starter for a 2.5/2.5R/3.3 engine but either your engine is not a 2.5R as you were told or someone swapped the one-way bearing and pull-starter from an earlier .15 engine. You either need to buy the correct OWB for the PS you have or a PS for the OWB on the engine. The engine size should be on the side of the block. Also the exhaust port location can help determine which engine you have, side is a Pro .15, rear on 2.5/2.5R/3.3
traxxas1waybearings.jpg

Hello, so I recently just got a Tmaxx 2.5r, is what I was told it is, and it needed a new pull starter, he gave me one(shape for the crank is like a circle with two flat sides) but it doesn’t spin the crank, then I noticed that the shape for the crank on the motor is a hexagon nut. Any help at all would be great, I’m 10000% new to this and have never owned one or even driven one. Not sure if it even is really a 2.5r or anything, I just need to know what pull starter to order or what other piece I need to make it run.

Thanks in advance!
Sounds like you have the pull start but are missing the one way bearing that grips around the crankshaft and sits insidenof the pull starter assembly.

Back