HELP, identify engine or car model

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arean

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hello all, As I mentioned in my other thread, I need help identifying this engine or even model of the nitro car so I can find how to tune or factory reset it. Below are the pictures,
The Engine itself says HPI but can't seem to find a model number, then parts such as the shocks and electronics etc say CEN. I bought it used but never got info on if it was a custom build. Any help identifying is much appreciated. thank you.
20231209_145523.jpg
20231209_145528.jpg
20231209_145532.jpg
20231209_145529.jpg

Can you get shots of the entire rig and bottom chassis too please?

Hello all, As I mentioned in my other thread, I need help identifying this engine or even model of the nitro car so I can find how to tune or factory reset it. Below are the pictures,
The Engine itself says HPI but can't seem to find a model number, then parts such as the shocks and electronics etc say CEN. I bought it used but never got info on if it was a custom build. Any help identifying is much appreciated. thank you.View attachment 176675View attachment 176676View attachment 176677View attachment 176678
Looks like the old HPI Nitro Star F4.6 engine that came in some of the older savages.

Yeah, given that someone had to cut a hole in the chassis in order to get the flywheel to fit Id definitely say its a big block, and given that its an HPI engine with a black cooling head it has to be the Nitro Star F4.6.

Agreed^

CEN morph HPI mill buggy. Never tune it by turning in all the needles and taking them back out. Tune it from where it is. Chances are the last guy had some kind of a tune in it you can work with. Reason being, if you are that new to nitro, you could easily bend the needles closing it up.

Yeah, given that someone had to cut a hole in the chassis in order to get the flywheel to fit Id definitely say its a big block, and given that its an HPI engine with a black cooling head it has to be the Nitro Star F4.6.
Didn't even realise the hole was DIY 😅. So is it safe to assume that it was upgraded? and is the engine a good one? Thank you for the help. Really appreciate it
Agreed^

CEN morph HPI mill buggy. Never tune it by turning in all the needles and taking them back out. Tune it from where it is. Chances are the last guy had some kind of a tune in it you can work with. Reason being, if you are that new to nitro, you could easily bend the needles closing it up.
Thank you for the advice, Really appreciate your help

Didn't even realise the hole was DIY 😅. So is it safe to assume that it was upgraded? and is the engine a good one? Thank you for the help. Really appreciate it

Thank you for the advice, Really appreciate your help
The Nitro Star F4.6 was meh. The Nitro Star K4.6 was the one that everyone really liked back then. The k4.6 basically looks just like the F4.6 except it has a purple cooling head. It was definitely modified to fit a .28 engine in it instead of a .21 which is typically what you will find in a buggy and is better suited for a buggy. A .28 is ok for a buggy basher but a .21 with high rpm will be faster.

The Nitro Star F4.6 was meh. The Nitro Star K4.6 was the one that everyone really liked back then. The k4.6 basically looks just like the F4.6 except it has a purple cooling head. It was definitely modified to fit a .28 engine in it instead of a .21 which is typically what you will find in a buggy and is better suited for a buggy. A .28 is ok for a buggy basher but a .21 with high rpm will be faster.
Thanks a million for the info, appreciate it

I see parts I can use