Thunder Tiger Monster Truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Scooby

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have just built the Thunder tiger monster truck, when started it runs ok but when the forward control is pressed the truck goes backwards? any suggestions

I have just built the Thunder tiger monster truck, when started it runs ok but when the forward control is pressed the truck goes backwards? any suggestions

Don't know what thunder tiger truck you have ,but if it has a reverse in it with a separate servo ,then you might need
to check the servo reversing mode on your transmitter!...:cool:

Assuming it's a nitro, and depending on what truck this is, it sounds like maybe you're got the diff gears backwards or the diffs installed upside down. More info would Def help!

Don't know what thunder tiger truck you have ,but if it has a reverse in it with a separate servo ,then you might need
Thanks for the reply. It doesn't have a reversing servo I assume that I might have the diff back to front?

Thanks for the reply. It doesn't have a reversing servo I assume that I might have the diff back to front?

Well ,did not indicate what version you have!...My suggestion was a shot in the dark just like your ? was!

Thunder tiger has their hands into many different Mt's especially with Team AE versions which I have.
It would of helped if you gave better info!

My suggestion was also a 'guess' based on other ppl's experiences as well. Before you start pulling parts, please post your exact info on the model of your monster and any other relevant info.

Well ,did not indicate what version you have!...My suggestion was a shot in the dark just like your ? was!

Thunder tiger has their hands into many different Mt's especially with Team AE versions which I have.
It would of helped if you gave better info!
solved the issue. The gears inside the diff were incorrectly fitted,

If we knew what you had you would have gotten your answer in the first post.
Again, electric (brushed or brushless) or nitro?

If we knew what you had you would have gotten your answer in the first post.
Again, electric (brushed or brushless) or nitro?

I've done that before when working on an old 2.5 t-maxx. I put one diff in the right way and one in backwards, so with the truck in the air, the tires opposed each other and I didn't notice it. Put it on the ground and the engine would just strain and nothing would spin. Pick it up and ran fine... took a few minutes to realize my stupidity. lol

It's known as a "One truck Tug-O-War". We've all done it. :rolleyes:
I did it when I was upgrading the SCX-10/JK. Had an aluminum Vanquish SCX-10 housing and a Vanquish Currie. I forgot that the Currie is a reverse rotation axle...

Back